Chapter Nine

I ran back upstairs to get changed into my outdoor clothes. I completly forgot that me and Rocky were supposed to go to the movies together today, then I had to go to this girl's house afterwards for a project. I quickly swapped my pants and shirt and ran back downstairs, slipping on my shoes. Rocky stood at the doorway, eating a sandwhich that he got from who knows where. My mom came up to me and gave me a sandwich as well, the same kind that Rocky was eating.

   I stuffed the sandwich in my mouth as I grabbed my jacket from the closet.

   "Okay, let's go," I said, mouth full of sandwich. Rocky nodded and opened up the door for me.

   We got into his car and I watched as Rocky put the key into the ignition, and we drove to the movies.

   When we got there, the theather smelled of buttered popcorn and there were people everywhere. Why the movies were so busy on the weekend I would never know, because most of the time I just rented movies instead of going to the theater. It was overall cheaper, and I didn't have to deal with all these people and lines.

   Rocky and I already had tickets, so we went into one of the theaters and sat down.

   "I'll go get some popcorn, you want some?" he asked, taking his wallet out.

   "Nah, I'll just eat from yours," I joked, smiling. Rocky smiled back and went to go get the popcorn.

   I lay back into the seat and looked up at the ceiling as a familiar face appeared in front of me,

   "Hello!" Peach chimed, leaning over me from the row above, staring at my upside down face.

   "AH!" I yelled, startled.

   "I didn't expect to see you here," Peach continued, ignoring my spasm. "I didn't think you were into horror movies!" she said cheerfully.

   "Yeah, neither did I..." I rubbed my head. "Why are you here anyway? I didn't expect you to be the horror type."

   "Oh, yeah, I'm here with a date!" Peach grinned, and I looked beside her to see Donatello fidgetting with his phone. His eyes widened as he looked at me.

   "HEY! It's you!" Donatello narrowed his eyes.

   "Hey!" I replied cheerfully.

   "You two know each other?" Peach asked, confused.

   "I guess you could say that," Donatello said, still glaring at me. "Was it you who rigged my locker?"

   "Nah," I lied, smiling.

   Just the Rocky came back with popcorn and settled down beside me. I turned back around to face the front instead of the lovely couple behind us. Peach leaned back as well, and Donatello stopped glaring at me.

   "Hey," Rocky said, glancing at Donatello and Peach. "Isn't that the guy who's locke--"

   "Yeah, small world" I said, cutting him off. "I don't know why Peach would agree to go anywhere with him, but to each their own, I guess," I said, grabbing a handfull of popcorn from Rocky.

   The lights dimmed and everyone stopped talking. The title of the movie flashed on the screen; Raiders. A truck was behind the letters, headlights gleaming. I had heard about this movie from a friend, she said it was increadibly freaky and bizarre.

   The movie started with a giant mansion on the screen. The house was moonlit, so everything was tinted blue. The lights were dimly lit inside the mansion, and dead trees surrounded it. The camera panned over to two trees standing next to each other. The branches looked odd, almost as if there was something in them...