Chapter Ten

I walked down the street that was covered in high grass. I recognized the place as my own street outside my house, but I never realized that the grass was taller than me here. I walked to the end of the street and saw a huncback man standing with a sign that read "POKE MIKE." I stared at the sign, confused, and the man pointed a bony finger across the street where another man that looked exactly like him was standing. Mike, I guessed. He had a sign as well, so I walked over to him and poked him before reading the sign. When I read it, I realized what I'd done, as the sign read "POKE ME AND DIE."

   Shit.

   I ran down the street, grass towering around me, and saw my family standing at the end of the street. Mike was coming after me with a knife in his hand, and I ran harder and harder and reached my family and ushered them to move, but they stared at me with faceless grins.

---

   I woke up, hitting my alarm clock in the head. I didn't know what made me dream that nightmare, it might've been the movie, I didn't know. I shook my head and warily got up from my bed to get ready for school. Scruffy wasn't on my bed today for some odd reason, but I decided to not think much of it and get ready for school.

   I did the usual and went downstairs in a pair of ripped jeans and a t-shirt, not really caring what I wore because it was a Monday. It was moderately cold outside, but not cold enough to wear a million sweaters and socks, so I was fine with it. After having a quick breakfast, I grabbed two Oreos to eat while I put my jacket and boots on, and waited for Rocky to come and knock on my door. He might be waiting outside, but if I don't come out then he'll come knock. As if on cue, I heard him coming up the stairs and I opened the door before he could knock.

   "Hey!" I chimed, smiling at him.

   "Hello," Rocky gave me a warm smile and pulled me into a hug. I giggled and hugged him back, feeeling really glad to have him as a best friend. "So, you ready?" he asked, still hugging me. I leaned back to look at his face and nodded, and we went out together.

   First and second period weren't too interesting, as it was simply English and math class. During my spare I met up with Rocky and gave him another hug, but he needed to go study for his sciemce test that he had last period, so I decided not to bother him. I had gym and art, which was fine with me, as I didn't need to do much thinking during those two classes. As I was walking aimlessly down the hallway, I bumped into Drake and Sheila. Drake's eyes immediately darkened as he saw me, and his face went pale. He looked scared and intimidating at the same time, it was odd. Sheila's expression changed from a grin to a frown as she layed eyes on me.

   "Nice costume, but it's not Halloween," she sneered, using a really lame insult.

   "That was original," I retorted. "I really don't want anything to do with you guys, so move." I pushed past them and started walking, but suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I tried to ignore it but it's grip was too hard. 

   "Dude what the hell let me go," I turned around to face Drake, eyes menacing but pleading at the same time. "The hell..." I muttered and pryed his hand off my shoulder and continued walking.

   And then everything went black.

---

   "What in the...." I rubbed my head as my eyes focused. "DUDE this is the same room I was in before, isn't it?" I looked around the familiar dim lit room where I got knocked out last week. I got up and went towards the big room with the sofas arranged in a circle were but bumped into something.

   "Ow.." I rubbed my nose with my hand and reached out in front of me. I felt clear glass under my hands, and, looking up, I saw that there was no roof to the little jailcell I was in. I coud potentially try to escape, but there were many problems with that.