Chapter 1: Black Dahlia

Hong Ahri's POV

"Are you truly set on doing this?" I asked him in disbelief seeing the man slouching in the window. He focuses his sight on the human children playing just below where we reside. This man... the man I have grown to admire, have grown to look up to, his eyes that once hold so much light and excitement now dull and tired. "For the death of three humans?"

"Don't say that." He spoke in a soft tone and turned his head to look at me. "You have yet to understand the fear of being left behind."

"Don't do it, I beg of you."

"Ahri."

I took a step back, stopping myself from crying. If there is one thing I am sure of is that this is wrong in so many ways. If he will do what he intended to do then him being reincarnated will never happen.

"Someday, you will understand me."

A bright light enveloped my sight as I felt myself going weak and eventually falling to my knees. I put my hands above me to shield my eyes from the light. "However at the same time, I don't want you to understand," He continued to look at me this time, sadness in his eyes. "Please don't look at me like that. Isn't it natural that parents die before their children?"

Within seconds, he was gone. Leaving me there, standing alone.

"I... don't understand, nor... do I... do I ever want to understand."

The ringtone of my phone snapped me out of my reverie as I quickly sat up from my bed. Picking it up, I read the caller.

Mr. Lee Yeon.

"Yes?" I asked waiting for him to speak.

"It's time," He answered on the other line, making me glance at the calendar on my bedside table. "Let's go."

Wedding, August 29, 2020.

It's what was written on it to remind me about this specific day. How pitiful, that a day supposedly for celebration for a bride may turn into a disaster. Stepping out of my bed, I began to tidy myself up for the upcoming wedding.

"Would this be okay to wear?" Putting aside the black dress, I decided on a much more appropriate attire.

Today was meant to be a sunny day, none of the people knew nor did the news anchor announce that it would be raining heavily. Arriving at where the wedding would take place a little earlier, I listened to the people around me complain about why it suddenly rained without warning while waiting for a specific person to show up.

"That's because a fox is getting married today." A voice spoke causing me to look up. Mr. Lee Yeon stood in front of me wearing a much more formal look.

"Knowing what she did in the past," I started as we walk inside looking for where the bride could be located. "Is it wrong for me to feel pity towards her?"

"Feel free to feel whatever you want," He answered. "In the end, we only have one job to do here. And also, don't complain if I hurt you."

"I know," I told him as we stopped in front of the open door, the bride inside looked so happy. As if she has never done anything. Mr. Yeon took the first step as he knocked on the door catching the attention of the three girls inside.

"You didn't send us a wedding invitation." He mockingly pouted.

"Will you please excuse us?" The bride told her friends after a moment of silence.