Chapter 8: Yellow Rose

"Why do you always give me the drumsticks?" Mr. Yeon asked after he joined us when Jiah was asleep.

"Because they're drumsticks," Shinju replied earning a chuckle from me.

"Thank you for the meal," I said taking a piece.

"Thanks a lot."

"That granny," Mr. Yeon started, remembering how he managed to get out of the other world with the help of Shinju. "Never gives anyone anything for free. What did you have to give her? What was the deal?"

"I signed a slave contract. I promised to sail ships at the Samdo River. I'll be in charge of taking the dead to the Underworld."

"But you get seasick."

"I'll be working there after I die," Shinju reasoned out. "I'm sure I won't get seasick once I'm dead."

"You do." After hearing this, I looked at Shinju slightly wide-eyed, he too had the same reaction now worried about what would happen.

"You know what? I'll have you transferred to a desk job," Mr. Yeon assured us. "I'll bribe the upper management."

"I'm going to count on you."

Their conversation eventually led to Shinju starting a life on his own as we encouraged him to do so but a little while later they started talking about the possible ways to defeat the Imoogi, especially now that Mr. Yeon knows its identity causing me to remember someone that could be a threat in defeating the snake.

"Ahri." The nine-tailed called my attention causing me to hum. "What are you thinking?"

"Ah," I started. "I have to help you take down the Imoogi, but it's too strong so the least I could do is to take down its allies."

"What are you saying?"

"That Kyung Yun," I told them. "He's here."

"How long did you know?" Mr. Yeon asked now worried.

"When you came back from the island, I ran into him."

"And you're only telling us this now?"

"I guess I forgot to bring it up," I shrugged. "I didn't see him after that and besides, we were all busy with other things."

"Ahri." He cooed, "Can I entrust him to you."

"Yes."

━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━

"It's always nice to see you, I hope that continues." The cashier smiled as he handed out the medical things I bought.

Returning his smile, I replied with a 'thanks' before taking the bag and exiting the pharmacy. I was walking and reading the list given to me by the doctors, making sure that I got them all when suddenly a black cloud started to form only for it to disappear seconds later.

I frowned at that phenomenon knowing that wasn't natural and was probably made by someone not human as I began looking around for who could have possibly done that when I heard a voice in my head.

I want to die. Now...

The urge to hurt me, to kill myself. I could feel it as it was quite strong.

No I don't...

My mind was divided, I didn't even know why I suddenly had such suicidal thoughts but it was somehow winning over because my visions began to blur and I was losing control over my senses. The last thing I could remember was dropping the bags and walking to the crossroad before losing consciousness as I heard a honk.