Chapter 4: Magnolia

I stare in awe as Rang continued to practice with his axe. He was so shocked to find out I never did lay any hand on any weapons and only relied on magic for my defense.

"You need to learn how to fight with weapons and combat Ahri. Who knows, maybe one day you're suddenly unable to use your powers." He told me one day.

"Then would you teach me?" I clasped my hand in excitement, "I promise I'll do something in return."

"Something in return," He repeated already thinking about what he wanted. It took him a while before looking at what I was holding. "Can I have some of that you're eating?"

I glanced down at the branch I was holding and eagerly nodded. "They're called azalea, here." Stretching out my hand, he took a petal before tasting it.

"I always wondered what they're called, my brother gave me some once and it was delicious." He said, wide eyes. "Come back tomorrow with more of these and I'll teach you now."

"Deal."

With an arm draped over my eyes, I laid my head back on the couch, a tear escaping my eyes as I remembered that time. How I missed those simple days where I only ran around places doing what I want freely, without responsibility and care.

The doorbell suddenly rang causing me to groan in response but stood up and wiped away my tear stain to answer whoever was outside late at night. In the first place, I shouldn't be home. I should be with Jiah, making sure she's alright because Mr. Yeon asked me to do him that favor.

The person could be her but I was left confused to see who was standing in front.

"Did you cry?" Rang's usual smirk suddenly faded upon seeing my red eyes.

"I just woke up," I reasoned out, "Why are you here? It's very late."

"That's a good question." He said, looking around. "I don't know why I got here."

"Then leave," I told him and was about to close the door but remembered something that made me stop closing the door mid-way. Rang noticing this, raised an eyebrow.

"You know something." I started, taking the keys. "About the Imoogi do you?"

"For a second, I thought you were going to let me in," He scoffed. "I don't know much, I only heard rumors."

"Is that so..." I trailed, stepping out of the apartment. "Then goodnight. I need to be somewhere else."

"And where is that?"

"Your older brother told me to watch over his girlfriend while he's in detention."

Hearing my answer, he blocked my way shaking his head. "That's not a good idea."

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "Is that why you're here? To not let me go to her."

"There are ghosts." He informed me, "I know how much you easily get scared by those."

"That was years ago, I've grown past that stage," I told him and continued to walk past him but his hand took hold of my wrist holding it tightly.

"Let go."

"Fine," He sighed. "But don't go on screaming. I can hear your screams from the mountains."

"Then ignore those," I simply told him. "Unless you want to come save me again."