head over heels³³

before jaemin knew it, his suspension was over. in those months spent away from school, he managed to keep finding time to spend with renjun and jeno, either in their world or his.

the more and more time spent in the world of angels and demons definitely made him like it more and more each time. especially just the wonder it made him feel — magic, animals and food he's never exactly seen nor heard of before... it was different from the human world and he liked it.

actually, liked is too soft of a word. loved fits better.

a part of him didn't want to go back to school when that time finally rolled around. jaemin still wanted more time to sneak off with his boyfriends and have fun with them, seeing wonderful new sights, stealing kisses from the both of them away from everyone else before they just smiled at each other. he loved that and wished they could just see one another every day.

the only barrier was the living in two different worlds thing. he took some time to think it over, thinking back to the whole living in their world in the future. maybe he could just stay with them when he graduates —

"nana!" sicheng, instead of knocking, barged into jaemin's bedroom unannounced, catching the teenager by surprise. "downstairs. we're going on a family walk."

"alright!" jaemin said in response before sicheng closed the door and left. he was bit surprised they were doing it after a long time of not going on family walks. he assumed his half-brother wasn't too tired today.

since it was a saturday, he hadn't changed out of his pyjamas. so, he switched into more suitable clothes for walking and left his room, making sure to store his phone in his pocket.

when he arrived downstairs, yuta was sitting on the couch, his eyes closed, while sicheng was fussing over their ten-year-old son, shotaro. shotaro was refusing to switch the coat he was wearing with the one his dad was holding, sicheng looking desperate almost.

"it's too cold for that thin jacket, taro," sicheng argued. "c'mon, you can wear that one some other time."

"but i want this one," shotaro simply said, crossing his arms across his chest with a pout on his cute face. "it looks better than that one. i don't like it."

"you said you liked it when your father brought it for you on your birthday," sicheng said exasperatedly as jaemin moved from where he stood in front of the staircase to sit on the couch.

"just listen to your dad and put it on," yuta suddenly cut in, his eyes still closed. shotaro frowned but didn't fight with sicheng anymore and allowed him to take the too thin coat off. "same for you, nana," yuta did open his eyes this time to shoot his half-brother a look. "put on a thick coat. it's cold outside."

when everyone was finally done getting ready, they went out into the cold for their walk. the weather was growing colder and colder each passing day. jaemin shivered as a gust of freezing wind blew past.

"it's too cold," shotaro complained, pressing closer to sicheng. "dad, i wanna go home!"

only sicheng had caught his words and immediately comforted him. yuta, on the other hand, held back to talk to his half-brother, a bit out of earshot of his husband and child.

"so, you're back in school again," yuta started casually. "i forgot to ask, but did you ever make up that science test?"

"uh-huh," jaemin nodded. why wouldn't i?

"good," yuta said simply, still looking away from his face. "is that daehyun kid still bothering you?"

"not recently, no," jaemin answered honestly. it was a bit weird, considering his friends had said he bothered them a bit when he was still suspended, especially mark because of his apparent crush on donghyuck. now, all he got was cold looks from daehyun but no reminder from him that he was a bastard. not that was he was complaining, obviously.