an invite³⁴

that morning of the following day, jeno headed down to the bar and hotel with the intention of just hanging around, which was also an excuse to avoid doing work with his annoying teacher kwon.

as usual, the bar and eating area was lively, already nearly full to the brim with demons, angels, and everything in between, their conversations filling the air.

jeno sauntered his way over to the bar, some people glancing at him in surprise as he did so. he reached the bar area in a short time, waiting for jaehyun to show up, but he was nowhere to be found. a bit confused that the person he wanted to talk to wasn't even there at the moment, he turned his head to look off into the crowd.

at least he spotted two of his other friends. happy he found others to talk to, he went over to them. it was the usual duo of cat-eyed ten and long-haired johnny, enjoying their breakfast, though ten was eyeing his partner's meal weirdly.

"hey guys," he said in greeting as he finally reached them, having to previously step over a cat that had gotten loose. the two them looked over at the sound of those words.

"hello!" said johnny cheerfully.

"hey," said ten, that weird look still adorning his face.

jeno would quickly find out why he had that look on his face. "oh, johnny, are you eating roots?"

cutting off another chunk for himself, the angel nodded. "yeah, so what?"

"he's never liked them before," ten pointed out before looking over at his partner. "in fact, i remember. you told me you hated them."

"well, you know, opinions can change, yongqin," johnny retorted before making the chunk smaller and easier to eat. "i've got to start buying some so i can have them at home too...."

"he's been different lately," ten said in a whisper to the teenage demon. "craving heart fruit roots of all things? same with that gross stew no one likes... why does xiao yong make him like gross stuff?"

"xiao yong?" jeno said in confusion.

"you know who i'm talking about," ten simply said and realisation spread across jeno's face as he nodded slowly.

"you can't talk," johnny cut in. "now, you always act like i'm delicate and made of glass. i won't break into pieces just because i want to hang up a painting my friend gave me."

"i was just saying i could do it," ten retorted. "you always do everything and i want that to change finally."

"hm," johnny just stabbed his fork into another piece of the thick, unappealing root and ate it without a response.

"oh!" johnny said after awhile. "jeno, that's what i wanted to tell you," he obviously didn't mind ten's hand that came to hold his on the table. "we're getting married!"

"i know, ten told me," jeno said with a grin.

"oh, you did?" johnny asked and ten nodded. "well, then i want to ask you if you wanted to come, to, y'know, the wedding."

"of course, you guys are my friends," jeno said.

"great! renjun can come too," johnny went on happily.

"he'll like to go too," jeno said with a grin. he made sure to tell him and of course, as he had originally expected, the angel prince agreed enthusiastically.

"we should totally bring nana too," renjun suggested eagerly, his eyes shining. "i'm assuming they won't mind in the slightest."

jeno's never been to a wedding before, but he's had it described it to him by dal before when he went over how his wedding with deoksu was. the two to-be newlyweds wear flower crowns of either sharp-tipped blacks or white soft petals, and it takes place during the night or morning.