--friends

Dear Diary,

Why me|

W|

|

I finally get to have friends.|

—-

—-

"Welcome everyone to another year, and those whom just started." Dumbledore's voice boomed throughout the Great Hall, catching the attention of everyone.

"Before we will have our feast, those who are first years will be chosen to which house they will be in." Professor Mcgonagall stood up by Dumbledore's side, holding an old-brown wizard hat.

"By this, the sorting hat. The one who will decide your fate on your house."

Chatter began roaming around, not even a second later after Dumbledore's speech.

"Y/N.." I heard my little brother, b/n mumble. His hands gripped my sleeve to my uniform. I tilted my head down to see his brown eyes peering up on me.

Ive forgotten to mention about my 10 year old brother. Perhaps it was because of how annoying he can get, and that made me want to forget he was attending school with me. He started his first year of Hogwarts today, which explains how nervous he is.

"What if I get slytherin?"

"Than you get Slytherin."

"But pa said that Slytherins had a bad reputation with him back in his Hogwarts years!" He nearly cried out, his grip tightening.

"B/n, stop acting like that. It doesn't matter if you get Slytherin, a house doesn't define who you are. Plus, Slytherin isn't.. that bad." I muttered at the last part. It was true that many people in Hogwarts saw them in a different lmm light, claiming they were snotty brats.

But I thought differently.

Well, except for one person.

"Aw, how cute. Standing up for the Slytherins?" A very annoying voice sneered through my ears.

I momentarily sighed, and turned to face the blonde hair Slytherin.

"Can you leave me alone for five seconds, Draco?" I almost pleaded at him.

"Can't handle me anymore?"

"I could never handle you."

"Hm, what a snarky lie."

I hope you fucking fall off a cliff.

"Who said it was a lie?"

"Attention, attention! Settle down everyone, I have not finished my speech." Dumbledore pierced through the crowed, making me flinch. I gripped my younger brothers hand and slowly made my way towards the front of the crowd.