--not belonged

Dear Diary,

I'm nearing my end, but why can't I let go of this stupid diary?|

I'm nearing my end, but why can't I let go of this stupid| diary?

I'm nearing my end, but why can't I let go of this diary?

—-

Y/n didn't know how her body reacted faster then her mind, but she didn't realize she pulled out her wand until a large amount of the ceiling of Hogwarts came down; splattering on the ground which shook half of the castle.

She remembered muttering a spell that emitted a purple light from her wand, until it was sent straight above her. Clearly, Y/n wasn't thinking about her actions— but her body was.

The accidental distraction caused everyone to take cover by summoning a shield to protect themselves, not wanting to be hit by the destruction. The Great Hall was filled with cries that seemed to deafen Y/n.

However, this made Y/n's secret escape more easier as she slid out of the mess she created.

Her quick footsteps dodged each crumble of the ceiling, dodging people that were blew towards her way. Y/n let out a sob, clenching her eyes as she continued to charge forward.

She couldn't cry now. She couldn't cry today, because if she showed any weakness— she'll be killed. Killed or taken, which one was worst?

Tom brushed the pieces of the building that was falling and aiming for his head away, flicking his wrist. He felt himself growing angrier, which grew once he opened his eyes to see her retreating form running further from him.

Never in his decades of living has he felt such a surge of madness rush through him, infact it had been ages since he felt this way.

Something about her was dangerous, even more then himself. He hated that. The feeling of someone possessing a bigger aura then him.

He hated but loved being controlled by Y/n.

What kind of magic was this?

"Young Master," A slick voice called upon him, making Tom slightly turn his head.

"Preparations of the spell to destroy the Hogwarts perimeters are ready. The rest of the deatheaters are waiting for—"

"Cancel it. I have new orders, tell the deatheaters to circle around the school and make sure nobody exits or enters."

The kneeling male widened his eyes at the strange request, looking up.

"... I.. beg your pardon?"

A wave of confusion flushed his face. It took him a while to process the orders seriously. Surely, he was just saying a cruel joke.

Calling off the attack which took years to plan?

Everything was prepared, they were about to win over Hogwarts.

But why..

Why was HE backing down now?

"Tsk." Tom clicked his teeth, glaring at the long white-haired male.

"You know, you and your son have one thing in common— and that's the lack of respect."

The kneeling male shuddered, not daring to look at the younger man who stood before him. He felt Tom's presence nearing him until he uttered his name.

"... Lucius Malfoy. Tell me.. why you hesitate."

Lucius quickly lifts his head, making Tom able to see the sweat that creased his forehead.