ABBY AND ROSE

The day starts as it always does, with my alarm clock ringing

The day starts as it always does, with my alarm clock ringing. After shutting it off, I get out of bed and get dressed. Saying goodbye to my grandma she doesn't respond, she never does. I make my way out of my flat and get on the bus.

Once I arrive at work, I greet Rose and start organizing the clothing.

The day passes quickly and the security guard hands me a bag of money. 

I groan before stopping Rose, "Will you come with me to give Wilson the lottery money? He makes me uncomfortable."

She nods, and we make our way to the lift.

When the lift pings, we walk out into the basement.

"Wilson?" I shout down the hall, "Wilson, I've got the lottery money... Wilson?" I knock on his door, "You there? Look, they're closing the shop I need to go. Wilson!"

I hear a sound from further down the hall, we both turn to look.

We share a look and cautiously walk down the hall.

I continue to call out for Wilson until we reach the fire door. Hearing another noise from inside, I open the door, finding it's the storage for shop mannequins. Rose turns the light on and we walk further into the room.

I try a side door and then the door we entered through slams shut. We share a look before running back and trying to open it.

I hear a sound from behind me and turn around, "Who's there?" A mannequin steps out of its alcove and towards us.

We slowly back away, "You got us, very funny." I say nervously.

The mannequin keeps walking towards us and two more join it.

Rose speaks now, "Right, we've got the joke! Who's idea was this? Was it Derek's?"

They continue to come towards us, and another one comes from behind us. We continue to try and get away until our backs are against the wall. The mannequin lifts its arm to strike us. Both of us shut our eyes, scared out of our minds when a hand grabs mine. I open my eyes and look at who is touching me.

He grabs my hand tighter and smiles, "Run!"

He pulls me along and I in turn pull Rose away from the mannequins. We run through a fire exit and the mannequins are in pursuit. The man pulls us into the lift and the mannequins attempt to follow us. The door closes on the mannequin's arms and the man pulls it off so the doors can close.