THE END OF THE WORLD

"Right then girls, you tell me, where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time

"Right then girls, you tell me, where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. What's it going to be?" The Doctor asks us.

I share a look with Rose before speaking, "Forwards." He presses a few buttons, "How far?"

Rose answers, "One hundred years."

He pulls a lever and turns a knob. The engines lurch and stop after a few seconds,

"There you go, step outside those doors, it's the twenty-second century."

"You're kidding." Rose scoffs.

"That's a bit boring though, do you want to go further?" He asks.

We both nod.

The engines start again. When they stop he looks at us, "Ten thousand years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the New Roman Empire." I smile at him teasingly, "You think you're so impressive."

"I AM so impressive!" He claims.

"You wish!" I narrow my eyes at him playfully.

He grins at me, "Right then, you asked for it. I know exactly where to go." He revs up the engine and pumps a lever furiously, "Hold on!"

Rose and I hold onto the railings until the tardis stops shaking.

I glance around, "Where are we?"

The Doctor gestures towards the doors. I smile with excitement, "What's out there?"

He gestures to the doors again. I open the doors and step outside.

The Doctor and Rose follow after me. I can hear the Doctor's sonic turning on and then what appear to be shutters open revealing an enormous window. We all go down the stairs and look out at the view, which is Earth.

"You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible. Maybe you survive. This is the year 5.5/apple/26. Five billion years in your future. This is the day... hold on..." He looks at his watch, "This is the day the sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world."