BOOMTOWN

There's a knock on the door of the Tardis, Jack opens it and speaks to someone before starting to close the door.

Mickey then barges in.

"Don't tell me, this must be Mickey." Jack says, shutting the door.

The Doctor is way up in the gantries, standing on a ladder. He looks extremely dorky with the red flashing light strapped to his forehead.

"Here comes trouble! How're you doing, Ricky boy?" The Doctor asks cheerily.

Mickey corrects him.

"Don't listen to him, he's winding you up." Rose says before they hug.

"Aww, sweet, look at these two. How come I never get any of that?" Jack asks.

I walk away from the wall I'm leaning against and lean against the railing, "Buy me a drink first." I joke.

"You're such hard work." Jack says.

"But worth it." I grin.

"Did you manage to find it?" Rose asks.

Mickey hands her passport over, "There you go."

Rose grins at the Doctor, brandishing the passport, "I can go anywhere now!"

"I told you, you don't need a passport! But, out of curiosity, where's your passport?" The Doctor looks at me.

I shrug, "It was in my flat, no clue where it ended up, probably ash in an incinerator now."

Rose shakes her head at me, "It's all very well going to platform one and Justicia and the Glass Pyramid of San Kloon but what if we end up in Brazil? I might need it. You see, I'm prepared for anything."

"Sounds like your staying, then."

There's an awkward silence, Mickey smiles attempting to lighten the atmosphere again, "So, what're you doing in Cardiff? And who the hell's Jumping Jack Flash? I mean, I don't mind you hanging out with big ears and Ms. backpack over there."

I stare at Mickey in annoyance, "Okay Ricky."

Mickey ignores me, "But this guy, I dunno, he's kinda..."

"Handsome?" Jack offers.

"More like cheesy." Mickey says.

"Early 21st Century slang. Is cheesy good or bad?" Jack asks.

"Bad." I say.

"But bad means good, isn't that right?" He asks.

The Doctor says something but we ignore him.

"We just stopped off. We need to refuel. Thing is, Cardiff's got this rift running through the middle of the city. It's invisible, but it's like an earthquake fault between different dimensions..."

"The rift was healed back in 1869..." The Doctor continues.

"Thanks to a girl named Gwyneth, cause these creatures called the Gelth, they were using the rift as a gateway but she saved the world and closed it." Rose says.

"But closing a rift always leaves a scar, and that scar generates energy, harmless to the Human Race." Jack says.

"But perfect for the tardis, so just park it here for a couple of days right on top of the scar and..."

"Open up the engines, soak up the radiation..."

"Like filling her up with petrol and off we go!"

"Into time!"

They all high five each other, "And space!"

I stare at them, bewildered, "Do you know how insane you all look right now?"