you're enough

S t e l l a

When morning came, I could feel that my face was puffy from all the crying last night so I quickly went and washed my face with very very cold water and drank a lot of water.

Thankfully, it was pretty early still and I suspect that my travel mates are still asleep.

I went ahead and took a shower and picked out my clothes for the day. Apparently today, we were going boating and we might go in the water so I picked out clothes where I could easily put on and off.

As I was just finishing with putting my shirt on, I jumped when I heard something ringing.

Scared that it might wake up the others, I quickly searched for it. I was surprised to find that it was this small compact powder looking thing. Whether it was some sort of new gadget, I don't really know, it's my first time seeing it.

I didn't know how to stop it from ringing and it seemed like it was getting louder and louder by the ring so I kept pressing it.

When I was just about to feel relieved that it had stopped, I was surprised when an image of Cassian lit up from the device.

His head was on the table and there was a bored look on his face, but when he saw me, he bolted up on his seat.

"S-Stella?!" he exclaimed, just as surprised as I was. I started feeling nervous, confused about what was currently happening.

"Uh... uhm... this thing was ringing and I-- I, wait, how are you here? Wh-what is this thing?" I asked, confused.

Have we finally succeeded in inventing holograms? I don't think I've ever heard of that.

Cassian seemed to have collected himself and he nodded.

"Uh, yeah you must be surprised.., sorry about that. Uh... well, this thing is a communication device we usually use. Phones and human technology causes harms to our hearing and senses so we have developed our own device." he shortly explained as he cleared his throat.

I nodded in understanding and simply accepted it although I had many questions about the device. I mean this thing could completely change the world and here it was casually used by mystical creatures.

There was a bit of silence, but I could see that Cassian too was just surprised.

"I... I didn't expect you to answer the call," he started and my mind seemed to swoon over the fact that he was the one that called me, "but uhm, I hope you don't mind, but I was just really curious on how you're doing. I haven't heard from you the whole day yesterday." he said, his tone sounding a bit disappointed.

So he's been worrying over me since yesterday?

I instantly felt bad, but then again I remembered that I had no duty to report to him.

"I'm sorry about that, I didn't know if we were at that stage of... informing each other." I couldn't help but say and looked down on my hands.

I just didn't understand him. I don't understand this whole mate thing, but I'm trying.

When I see how the others are with their mate, I can't help but think if that should be Cassian and me too, am I the only one hindering us from being something special to each other?

"Uh, ye-yeah totally, I understand," he said stammering and when I looked at him momentarily, he was also looking away to avoid the awkwardness.

Great, Stella, just great. Way to make someone feel uncomfortable.