shut it

C a s s i a n

The place was bright with all the chandeliers hanging up above. Other people were dancing, drinking, some flirting and having a good time. For everyone else who were anybody at all, places like these are where the next solutions and problems of the next generation are talked and discussed.

Ideas that were talked over whisky with a determined goal. Funny, isn't it?

And that's what I was here for. I had just finished discussing with Alpha Brooks about the rise of rogue attacks on the eastern territories. The rogues called Strays.

My pack wasn't necessarily threatened, but the smaller packs definitely were. As the pack with the most influence and power at the east, it was alarming and we were currently investigating and trying our best to protect the smaller packs although essentially it's supposed to be the Council's job.

So far, investigations only show of a drug turning humans into werewolves, but the drug wasn't perfect. And the results of that drug is a human gone berserk.

I sighed and took a glass of whiskey that one of the waiters served. The meeting had just finished and Claude, my Beta was lighting up a cigarette.

"Let me know when we leave, Cass." he says and lets a cloud of smoke vanish up into thin air.

I turn to him, a mischievous smile playing in my lips and seeing that, Claude was quick to pass a look of judgment and warning.

"Don't be like that Claude, let me have a bit of fun first." I kid, but I was also dead serious.

I'm sick and tired of paperwork up to my neck. This was my first night out in a while and I'm in a serious need of winding up.

I smiled to the group of girls that were looking my way. I was particularly eyeing this brunette in a green dress. Her friend was beside her, probably whispering that I was looking at her and they both giggled. She must've been embarrassed because she looked away at first, but then looked back at me, still with a smile.

"Goodness, Cass. You gotta stop messin' around or you'll regret it when you meet your mate." Claude warns me and takes a drink of his own liquor.

All of a sudden, Claude's mate, Ruth, came and as if knowing the current situation, chuckled as she went to give her mate an embrace.

"Ah, yes. Claude has been reformed, I remember. And it's not a question of when, it's if I meet my mate." I tease again. "I'm well above the age where you meet your mate."

"Oh, Cassian. Don't lose hope." Ruth says encouragingly. That made me smile and chuckle at the same time. Losing hope?

Is that how I seemed now? Do I seem desperate to meet my mate?

Oh, trouble.

Don't get me wrong, if she really is out there and we meet, why not? And besides, what's wrong with messing around a bit?

I'm sure she's doing the same.

Besides, everything in my life is fine as it is. There's nothing more that I need.

My pack is doing great, my family is reunited with Maddie, I'm a young bachelor, what more can anybody ask for?

"Oh, give it a rest will you both and have some fun. Maybe then we'll see mini Claude running around soon." I say, putting down the empty glass. This caused Ruth to blush and Claude to glare at me.

"9:30 sharp tomorrow, Alpha!" Clause reminded as I left the two of the on my way to the giggling brunette girl.

It didn't take long for me to get to her and just as I extended my hand to hers, she grabs onto her friend.