something important

C a s s i a n

It's been a week since the Lunas and Stella have been back from their trip and regrettably, they had to return as soon as they got back to my pack

Actually, Chase had to go back even earlier as they were facing attacks. Maddie was aware of the attacks, but she didn't rush back. She told me she wanted to stay a bit longer with Stella and watch over her and that made me feel more relief.

As for Ian, Hannah and Austin, they had to get back since they lived the furthest from us and they have been away for a long time. Hazel and Archer were the last to leave about three days ago although Hazel wanted to stay alone to which Archer disagreed to.

Right now, Stella and I are in the car to go to her old hellish of a town. We've been on the road for a good two hours now and we were almost there.

After all, I can never forget the place where I met my mate.

I told Stella to sleep earlier, which she tried but I could see that she isn't able to. I can feel her getting more and more nervous as we get closer to a place I'm sure she doesn't want to return to.

"Are you alright? You seem distraught," I ask her to which she quickly turned to me. Her dark wavy hair fell perfectly by her sides and her unusually hazel eyes looked back at me in shock. It made it really distracting for driving so I turned away for both of our safety.

Stella took a deep breath probably in an attempt to calm herself down. "To be honest I'm nervous, I don't know what to expect."

It's been about two months since I met Stella and when she asked me if I could come with her to her old town, I hesitated for a bit since I didn't know whether it was too soon for her to deal with her past head on, but if that's how she wanted to proceed, I can only be here and support her.

"I'll be by your side, no matter what. You can rely on me." I said with a smile when I momentarily turned to her.

Stella looked back at me in the eyes and she smiled. I hope she believed me because what I said was true.

I know she's having a hard time adjusting and all, but I just wanted to make sure that she knew that I was on her side, no matter what.

The thing is, Stella probably doesn't realize it, but slowly, my everything is revolving around her.

From my waking morning to when the moon is high up in the sky, all I think about is how to get closer to her. I always wonder how she's doing although she was close by.

These days, I live to see her smile and hear her call out my name. It feels so good when she tells me what's on her mind, what things she likes and what things she's wary of.

In the rare moments that she relies on me, I feel like I'm the strongest and smartest person around to help her.

And when she doesn't trust me, when she hesitates to be honest with how she feels, when she chooses to be silent instead of confiding to me, it hurt like hell.