(Legolas x Aragon) Even Elves Don't Last Forever

(Imagine Legolas is injured and after suspecting it, Aragon eventually discovers it to be true, only to look after him)

First time doing a request!

From PetertonysonStark09

Had fun with this!

Not sure if it's exactly what you wanted but I hope it's somewhat okay :) 😅!

Enjoy!

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

Aragon had been a Ranger for as long as he knew. He was use to protecting himself and those who needed it. But as another blade swung down against him, he almost missed it, making him stagger a little as he rose his arm to block the blow and felt the vibrations attack his body.

The battle with these orcs seemed to never end. Their relentless numbers began to make even Aragon a little worried.

Another swing. Another block.

He could hear the fight raging on behind him. That was until he pulled his sword from another orc's chest and heard a name screamed.

"Aragon!"

He turned suddenly to see an orc grinning widely, it's curved sword about to swing for him. And then he heard a familiar sound and suddenly the orc's body crumpled, falling face down on the earth by his feet, an arrow sticking from its back. Legolas stood with another arrow drawn in front of him, shooting another to his left.

Aragon's head snapped back into action as he turned to finish the battle, using the energy from his close escape to fuel his attack.

What he did not notice was the short gasp from the elf as he stumbled on a rock as an orc grabbed for him. He didn't notice it at first, the slight sting of an orcish blade against his skin, as he was too concerned with the creature that tried to pull him from his positioning, never realising one had crept up beside him.

He bit against the pain. Managing to twirl his knives around and freely open the orc's throat. But then, the aching set in.

~•~

By the time night struck, the fellowship sat by the fire. Aragon stared into the flames warming his hands until he noticed a blonde elf sit beside him.

"Thank you, for earlier." Aragon whispered. Trying not to awaken the softly snoring hobbits on the other side of camp. "Maybe next time I will pay better attention when I am about to have my head removed by an orc."

Legolas chuckled lightly, staring into the fire, but then Aragon glimpsed a sudden contortion of pain on his face and the elf looked away.

"Legolas?" He suddenly said, "what's wrong?"

Legolas turned to him, sober again, a grin on his face, "Nothing, I just ache a little from the battle." And before you could reply he grabbed your shoulders lightly, "I think I will rest for the evening and make sure I am prepared for our travels tomorrow." Legolas stood up walking towards the other end of camp, past the glow of the fire.

"Stubborn elf." Aragon muttered to himself, shaking his head. 

He could sense that something more was the matter but pestering him would get him no where. So as the evening went on and Legolas slept, the Ranger eyed him suspiciously a few times, then continued with his night watch.