(Thranduil x Reader) Returning Home ~ Part 7

~ Old Friends ~

Your entry into Laketown was not as troublesome as you had expected. Seeing Bard on your approach had helped significantly.

"Ayvire? Eyreline?" Bard said, his brow raised as he walked to the edge of the wooden boat to greet you.

You stepped forward from the platform by the entry to the gates. There was a horde of barrels on his boats and you noted Legolas eyed them quizzically. You nodded, ignoring the curious glances from the guards.

"Bard." You greeted with a smile. "I'm glad our names have remained familiar with you. How do you fair?"

He smiled back, his eyes holding a strange light. "Of course. And I am well, Ayvire. And yourselves?"

"As good as one can be in such times." Eyreline nodded.

Then Bard's brows creased. "What are you doing in Laketown? With Elves, nonetheless." He turned to look at the two elves beside you. "Woodland, I suppose?" He motioned to Tauriel and Legolas.

"This is Tauriel, captain of The King's guard." You said. Tauriel smiled with a nod. "This is Legolas, son of King Thranduil, Prince of the Woodland realm." You placed a hand on the back of your neck and then instantly removed it when you realised you were visible.

"I did not think you associated with your kin." He replied.

"I do not. However, as Tauriel and Legolas have such a close connection to the King, I believed it may be of use to the reason I visit here." You ignored the look Legolas and Tauriel shot you. You had decided to keep your identity as King Thranduil's daughter a secret from anyone you had met on your travels, including those of Laketown. You appreciated them keeping their mouths closed.

"And what is your reason for being here?" Bard questioned.

"Dwarves." Eyreline replied. As straightforward as ever.

You could not mistake Bard darting his eyes away for a second before he looked between you all. "What dealings could you have with the dwarves?"

"Lets just say we are simply observing a certain conflict between our kinds." Tauriel added when you hesitated.

Bard nodded and did not ask anymore. "Join on board. You can enter with me."

Legolas gave you a hesitant look but you simply gave him a wide dismissive smile. Climbing on board you noted the fish pilled in the barrels. Bard looked at you and then away with a sudden forced smile and you opted to stand beside Eyreline on the boat.

Eyreline looked outwards and hushed his voice to a whisper. "They're in the barrels." He said.

You suppressed a smirk. "I know."

~•~

Alfrid had halted the boat by the gate and was about to let his guards pour out their contents. Bard was panicked. And Alfred was having none of his excuses.

"Throwing away good food will not please the hungry in this town." You started, quickly walking towards Bard and Alfred.

"Rebellion could be inevitable." Eyreline added when he saw what you were doing, walking up beside you. "The people will not be too happy when they find out their master is throwing away their means of survival."

Alfred froze and scanned the both of you. "And what would an elf and an outsider be doing in our fine town?" He sneered.

"They are guests." Bard said quickly. "Of the Elven King." He looked at you for validation and you nodded. "Prince Legolas of Mirkwood too stands before you."