(Bilbo/Kili x Reader) - Get Away From My Niece!

(Imagine you are Bilbo's niece who has joined the Company and has fallen for a certain young dwarf)

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
It's a lonnnggg one (shot)
~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~~••

"Keep up back there!" Thorin's gruff voice boomed from the front of your group.

You had started to get more tired as twilight had passed and you were struggling to keep up but you'd managed to keep yourself to at least the middle of the group. Your uncle, Bilbo, however, was trailing a bit further behind.

You allowed yourself to slow down and gradually meet his pace, him giving you a sad smile as you joined.

"It's okay, Uncle. I'm getting tired too." You smiled.

Your uncle hadn't had the best time fitting in with the group and it surprised you while also irritating you, that they had accepted you a lot quicker.

You guessed part of it was because you were a girl and dwarves were protective of their women. But you seemed to get along with them as well.

You found their small tempers funny and would often have to compose yourself before turning to one of them, aggressively sharpening their axe to blow off some steam, and smile comfortingly suggesting to talk whatever was the matter through. You'd figured they'd found comfort in conversation, and you loved to listen to the stories of those around you.

And you'd joined the quest due to your expert abilities in healing. You had helped so many of the dwarves wounds heal especially after the trolls had nearly taken you all. Bilbo didn't like your presence one bit. He loved you and that was the issue. He wanted you safe.

"Thank you, (y/n)." He smiled back. "But you don't have to slow down for me."

"Nonsense," you replied, "I am simply slowing down because I am tired and I quite like the company of my uncle."

"Do you want something? A cookie perhaps?" He joked.

"Don't tempt me." You chuckled.

Your time listening to the stories of the Dwarves had led you closer to the dwarf who just glanced behind to watch you walk beside Bilbo. He gave you a knowing smile, and you nodded.

Kili finally felt like he had someone to talk to that wouldn't remind him of the heavy burden he carried as Prince and his reminder that Fili would always be above him.

Bilbo's eyes narrowed at you.

"What is it?" You asked, your brows creased.

"I don't know how fond I am of Kili's attention always being on you." He said, his hands in the air as he confessed.

"Kili and I are no more than friends, uncle." You muttered.

But you knew hat wasn't true. Not since you had awoken to find Kili on night watch. His sad gaze wavered at the sky. He often wore it when he thought no one was looking and he tried to hide it when he spoke to you. You had urged him to share his burden, sat listening to him.

You had found such a lost soul in need of comfort. And you admired his loyalty to his family. Just like your loyalty and love for your own.

Bilbo had practically raised you and you would never do anything to hurt him.

You and Kili talked deeply that night. You had both ended it with an unexpected kiss. And it had been beautiful.

"Of course, (y/n)." Bilbo said, almost under his breath.