○●Chapter 4●○

~Espresso POV~

I finish my homework, it didn't take me long since it was only one page.

I sigh and lean back on my chair. My head towards the door.

God, when's that knucklehead coming back? Didn't classes end five minutes ago?

What am I saying?! I actually want him to come back?!

He's probably at that dumb party...

I get up and lay on my bed again. I guess I can catch up on some reading.

I open my suitcase and grab my book.

'Romeo And Juliet'

I lay on my back and open the book, holding it above my face.

Click!

I hear the lock of the door get unlocked. I quickly get up as Madeleine stepped in, looking exhausted.

     "You look exhausted." I tell him.

What am I doing?! Making small talk?

I see Madeleine's face light up seeing that I wanted to talk to him.

I guess the reason I asked him that was to bond with him more? I mean, Latte was right about the need to get along.

     "Oh, no, I'm not that tired!" He laughs, "Just a lot of people from high school stopped to talk to me!"

I knew he was a popular guy.

     "And you?" He asks, smiling.

     "Hm? Oh, my day was alright, my teachers are kind, for now anyways..."

Madeleine laughs as he sits on the edge of his bed.

He starts talking about who knows what and I just pretend to listen. I don't know why I'm giving him this much kindness. Maybe I felt bad for yesterday?

Even though I wasn't listening, I could still hear Madeleine laugh between sentences. He laughs a lot.

     "You have a nice laugh." I say.

I shut my mouth. I DIDNT MEAN TO SAY THAT ALOUD.

Madeleine's face gets red.

     "O-oh, well thank you! Haha!" He says flustered.

I hate myself.
_______________________________________
~Madeleine POV~

I start to work on my homework. God, my Physics teacher is strict. He have us five pages! ON THE FIRST DAY!

But, I guess it shouldn't be that hard, it's just to review what we learned in high school.

I was wrong. It's almost impossible to focus knowing that Espresso is behind me.

Not that I think he's judging me, he's probably just on his phone, it's just...

'YOU HAVE A NICE LAUGH'?! WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM?!

HE WAS SO COLD TO ME YEASTERDAY, WHAT'S WITH THE SUDDEN FRIENDLINESS?!

My face was probably so red, too. That's so embarrassing...

I look back at him from the corner of my eye. Yup, he's just laying on his bed, on his phone.

I stare back down at my paper.

How am I supposed to ask him? I want to be come friends with him, but... is the feeling mutual?

Well, he started a conversation willingly, so that's a start.