●○Chapter 13○●

~Expresso POV~

I go back up to my dorm after I get my textbook, the thoughts about Latte's roommate still absorbing my mind...

It takes a lot to get Latte mad.

She tries her best to help people.

Her old roommate must've done something pretty fucked up if they got Latte to the point that she called them a bitch...

Who was her roommate again?

I never met her, nor has Latte ever told me her name...

I guess I can ask Latte,  but I'm not sure if she'll give me the information on her roommate though...

I step into my dorm, Madeleine was there, looking like he was getting ready to head out.

      "Espresso! I was just about to look for you!" He smiles as he catches me eye.

     "Oh yeah? And why's that?" I ask, putting my textbook on my desk.

     "Well, you see..." He says, playing around with his fingers a bit. "There's this party..."

     "Not interested." I instantly say.

     "Oh, come on! I barely even told you about it!" Madeleine says in a whiny tone.

     "The first party you took me to was bad enough." I say.

     "But, I can't go without my best friend!" He says.

       "I didn't even agree to be you friend, how am I suddenly your best friend?"

He looks at the floor for a while, darting his eyes about the ground, looking for what to say.

     "I just," He finally looks up. "Want to know you more, y'know like a friend..."

His tone is a lot sadder.

I guess I was his first genuine 'friend'.

Not that that I was ever popular, but I bet that he had a lot of fake friends feeding off of his popularity.

And I was the first 'friend' he ever met that was somewhat honest to him.

I roll my eyes.

     "Where?" I sigh.

Madeleine's face lit up, but that doesn't completely dispose of the sadness lingering in the air.

     "Really close to here!" He replies. "Just another student's dorm!"

     "Fine." I admit to defeat of Madeleine's charm. "But, I get to leave when I want to."

Madeleine smiles.

     "Deal."
_______________________________________

~Madeleine POV~

Espresso and I walk to my friend's dorm where the party was taking place.

I have no idea how I managed to convince Espresso to come, but I did!

It feels like slaying a dragon or something.

We walk inside.

The room was pretty much exactly like our dorm, just different decor obviously.

The dorm was semi-dark and there were LED lights on the edge of the ceiling flashing rainbow colors.

There was trending music coming out of a Bluetooth speaker.