viii.

chapter eight.

ares blackburn
perspective

"CIRO, WHAT THE FUCK?" I widen my eyes, staring at the boy in front of us with blood all over his shirt.

"You need to go to the medical," Yara hisses, wrapping her arm around his shoulder, steadying him while I glance at the blood pouring from his abdomen.

Ciro was fucking stabbed and he barely had any energy left.

And this could only that Jun was in a worse circumstance compared to him.

"No," Ciro mumbles, "I'll get checked but you need to go and get Jun back. He got stabbed twice and he got taken by two men."

"Asahi and?" Yara mumbles, arching her eyebrow.

"It wasn't Asahi." Ciro shakes his head.

Well, shit just got worse.

I glance at Yara, noticing that she was mirroring the same confused expression I had on my face. She notices my stare and shakes her head with a frown at me.

For we both knew that hell has opened its pits on our grounds.

"If I remember..." Ciro whispers, "They were students from the neighbouring academy. Imperial Knighthood Institute. They were the ones who stole Yara's gun, I heard them talk about it."

I click my tongue in annoyance, rubbing my thumb over my forehead at the sound of that academy's name.

Imperial Knighthood Institute was a hellhole.

Even though our academy had its devils like Yara Azaran but the shit that we did was nothing compared to that academy. Every student at Imperial was a devil, a criminal who had committed more crimes than the students at our academy.

They were criminals that hailed from rich families who were sent there instead of prison due to family connections.

Yara belonged there as well.

"How the fuck did those bastards even get in?" Yara murmurs before glancing at me.

"But we need to close the fucking gates before they can escape," I hiss, running my fingers through my hair.

"Should I go and close the gates?" I glance at her, watching her glance back at the library.

"Blackburn, give me your gun."

I look into her eyes before moving my gaze lower, watching her reach out her hand towards me, waiting for me to rest my gun on her palm. By the sound of her tone, she was commanding me to hand my gun to her but I was not willing to.

"Why?" I arch an eyebrow, "You have your own," I murmur glancing at her gun in her hands, watching blood drip out of it.

"Just give me your fucking gun," she groans, rolling her eyes in annoyance at me.

"No," I state, "Never."

"Fine, then take Ciro to the medical. Quickly," she commands before looking at the gate in the distance.

"I will," I nod, wrapping my arm around Ciro, putting his weight on me so he can stand up.

"And you?" I glance at her.

"I'll be going towards the back gate. There's a secret pathway there, you remember?" Yara throws me a faint smile, a sinister one as if she knew what the enemies were planning on doing.

"Take care of him," she glances at Ciro and for a second before we both walk away from each other in different directions.

Just as we are about to enter the medical room, Ciro hisses and I turn to look at him.

"I forgot to tell you that they were planning on attacking Yara again," he clenches his fist while holding onto his wound, shutting his eyes in pain.

"What the hell?" I widen my eyes.

"They'll make Yara disappear as well. Please, make sure she's alright," he whispers before he falls unconscious, leaving my mind to be flooded with the thoughts of Yara.

—☽—