xi.

chapter eleven.

ares blackburn
perspective

SHE DIDN'T SHOOT ME.

She had shot an unknown person behind me, right in his leg.

The boy falls to the floor behind me, groaning in pain.

"Oh, my," Yara lets out a laugh, "Are you his friend? Or his saviour?" She glances at James before looking at the boy on the floor, "Or both?"

I stare at the boy, narrowing my eyes at the logo on his blazer, "Another Imperial student."

Yara clicks her tongue, "It seems like they are trying to take us all down. I guess they might be removing all their anger on us today."

"How did you both come in?" Yara hardens her gaze at them both, her gun an inch away from touching James' forehead.

His lips tremble as he stares at Yara, "The secret pathway underground."

"Oh," she tilts her head, "There are seven secret pathways. Only two of them are open. The rest are destroyed," she looks at me.

"Hold up," I furrow my eyebrows at her, "The two pathways open belong to two houses. Ruby and—."

"Sapphire," she clicks her tongue.

"Ruby's pathway is connected to my office so they definitely did not use ours," she shakes her head, "They used Sapphire's."

"Fuck," I hiss, "Jun isn't even here to guard it so it must've been easy for them to jump in."

"But you can only open the pathway with the crystal," Yara murmurs, "So they must have taken Jun's crystal."

"Obviously," I roll my eyes, "You clearly did not give them your crystal."

Yara leaves James' collar and pushes him to the ground, "It doesn't make sense. How would an outsider know about these secrets about the crystals?"

I look at her, "What are you planning?"

She ties both of the boys up to her desk and places her gun in her pocket as she looks up at me.

"We are going to raid Jun's office."

—☽—