【Chapter 10】

❝ 𝐀 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐬. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Nightfall rolled in covering the once bright and clear sky black. The stars were scarcely noticeable as clouds covered most of the sky. Street lights were bright and inviting as neon lights were displayed on every single block. The annoying yet recognizable sound of cars driving down the roads purring loudly as people honking could be the only thing heard throughout the restless nightlife.

The cold air of the night hit (Y/n) face but didn't disturb her movements as she continued walking down the practically deserted streets that lead towards the warm and inviting bakery, Ochitsuite. Looking ahead, its warm and soft colors could be seen lighted up by their pink outer lights, the inside of the bakery visible because of the drawn-back curtains revealing that there was only one person there who was dining; L.

Beaming as she saw her friend there (Y/n) hurried her pace, her longing to finally see her friend after so long making her forget about the deal that she and Light made only a few hours ago. Fixing the black scarf that was around her neck (Y/n) opened the door and pushed it open as the familiar 'ding' noise rang out, alerting everyone there that someone has arrived.

"Ah, (Y/n)-chan! It's been a while since you've last been here. School got you busy again?" A smiling boy said, his messy brown hair thrown over his face only providing her to see small parts of his eyes which were a bright, forest green as he wore the standard job uniform for the bakery. (Y/n) smiled happily, "Atsuko-san, long time no see! And yeah, schools been a pain in the ass lately. Though it's nothing I can't handle." (Y/n) chuckled, winking over at Atsuko, who in return just snickered.

"Yeah, schools always a pain in the ass." Atsuko groaned, leaning on the countertop as his usual messy hair seemed to bother his eyes. "So is Minhee-chan also here for the night shift or what?" (Y/n) asked him, going over to where the cashier was leaning as she, too, leaned on the counter. Atsuko nodded. "Yeah, her mom was having some heart complications again. Had to go to the hospital to check if she was alright." Frowning at this (Y/n) changed the subject. Too much hopelessness for a human to talk about isn't good.

"The usual, Atsuko-san." (Y/n) uttered, ruffling his hair as she walked away and headed towards where L was waiting for her. Watching as (Y/n) walked away Atsuko sighed in sadness and went to prepare her food. Extra whipped cream, as always.

Seeing as L was finishing up with his strawberry cake (Y/n) sat across from him and slunk on her seat, her red eyes slightly puffy from the crying that she did not too long ago as the emotional fatigue was evident in her eyes.