【Chapter 12】

❝ 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

A day has passed since (Y/n) last met up with L in Ochitsuite, meaning a day has gone by with (Y/n) formally accepted to help L in the Kira Investigation with no means of force. Nothing of concern has transpired to her after wandering out of the cafe with a warm bun in her hand, the night sky aging with the moon behind her back.

Now all she was doing was staring at her bedroom ceiling, the phony moon and stars satisfying her, as she now had nothing to do. School was out for a couple more days, meaning that there was nothing to please her leaving (Y/n) with the recognizable feeling that she always went through whenever inside the Shinigami Realm.

(Y/n) doesn't appreciate this feeling.

Groaning in gloom (Y/n) rolled out of her bed and onto the floor with a harsh 'thud'. As far as she knew, Light was able to kill Raye Penber—the detective set out to spy on Light—and that his wife was now out to find Kira and end him. Now, (Y/n) knew his fiancee had an advantage.

(Y/n) observed her actions and movements for a period as she traveled on the bus where her husband was discovered lifeless. She watched her as she interrogated the bus driver from that day, and when she finally figured out the most crucial pointer to figuring out Kira thus far; he can execute others with better options than just a direct heart attack.

'This information is quite essential to maintain the identity of Kira, a secret; very much so. However, I think I am missing a vital clue in this scenery, but I don't know what.' Biting her fingernail in thought (Y/n) got up from her floor and walked over to her drawer, yanking it open as she picked up her phone.

'Perhaps it's much wiser if I confine this information to Light before he finds out. This might spare me and him a few headaches.' Flipping her phone open (Y/n) pushed the keys and opened the calling app, about to press Light's contact only for her phone to suddenly start ringing as Light was the one calling her instead of the other way around.

"Or not."

Accepting the call (Y/n) heard shuffling on the other end before the voice of Light reached her ears. "(Y/n), do you wanna come to drop off something with me?" Already adjusting her hair (Y/n) exhaled; "Damn it—alright give me five minutes to put something on. Didn't wanna stand under the sun for a couple more days, but I guess this is fine."

'I can't let Light get into too much trouble now with that badass detective after his weave.'

A light laugh echoed on the other line as a door closing could be heard. "Alright, I'll wait out your door. Hurry, it's for my father." Pausing as she was about to put on some pants (Y/n) continued, her eyes clouding in thought as she recalled her call last night, with L informing her about his encounter with the lingering detectives that wished to support him on the case.