CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

THUNDEROUS SOUNDS of footsteps from combat boots could be heard from the great hall where the lord of the castle was sitting on his black throne chair. The great hall was a rectangular-shaped room with a thick red carpet, a high ceiling, and glass windows with chairs on both sides. In the top-middle was the black throne chair that only the lord of the castle could occupy.

At that moment, the lord of the castle had his chin propped on the back of his clenched right hand, his elbow resting on the armrest, and his eyes closed while listening to the incoming footsteps.

Alone in the great hall, it only showed how confident the lord of the castle was on his combat ability that he thought he didn't need the protection of his right-hand man, the commander of his warriors, to receive their uninvited guests.

Even after the door to the great hall opened, the lord of the castle didn't open his eyes to greet his uninvited guests. His eyes remained closed.

Without waiting for the lord of the house to greet them, the head of the group that just entered the great hall introduced himself as he knelt on one knee, simultaneously bowing his head.

"I am General Adri of the Infernal Empire, requesting an audience with the warlord."

With his eyes still closed, the lord of the castle, the warlord, spoke, his voice deep and callous. "Speak."

General Adri immediately revealed the purpose of his visit to the warlord's castle. "A prisoner of the empire has escaped, and the empire is seeking for your assistance."

"Oh?" That piqued the warlord's interest. "How do you think I could help? Do you want to borrow my warriors?"

General Adri answered without a thought, "The empire would appreciate it if the warlord lent us his warriors, but the empire would appreciate it more if the warlord himself would hunt the prisoner."

The lord of the castle chuckled coldly at the audacity of the empire to order him around. "You can borrow my warriors, but I'm afraid I must decline the empire's request to personally hunt down the prisoner. I have more important matters to take care of."

General Adri gritted his teeth. He would do anything to get the warlord's help, so he divulged a secret that he knew would get a positive response. "The prisoner who escaped is none other than Sollel, Yther's Mistress of Flame."

The warlord's sharp black eyes opened. "The Mistress of Flame?"

General Adri nodded. "Yes. She escaped with a traitor's help, and we found her outside Beastrela. Unfortunately, she escaped again and burned our soldiers until they couldn't be identified anymore. But even so, the empire believed that the Mistress of Flame is still weak, and after spending all her energy fighting our soldiers, wherever she is now, she's an easy prey."

The warlord straightened his body and looked at the general. "There are strong warriors inside the empire. Why come to me?"

"Because you're one of the seven remaining descendants of Sappher," General Adri answered eloquently. "With your strength, weapons, and combat prowess, you could easily defeat the Mistress of Flame."

The warlord gritted his teeth because he's one of the people who knew the real history of Sappher with the Ytherians. The Kingdom of Sappher was known for their proud warriors and their arcane weapons that could grant its owner an ability that only the owner could wield. And as proud as they were, the warriors of Sappher declared war against the Ytherians to show the whole Azitera their strength, and it was a miserable defeat that caused the decline of Sappher, to the extent that only seven families remained. He came from one of the seven families.