CHAPTER 54

CHAPTER 54

SOLLEL WAS still feeling weak that she was thankful that Hakken could easily take care of the monsters they encountered while looking for Grath and Zassia. But something still worries Sollel, and that was Hakken's silence. He had been silent since he woke up, and every time she would open a conversation, after a one or two answers, their conversation always ends in silence.

And Sollel hated that.

"Do you have a problem with me, Hakken?" Sollel straightforwardly asked Hakken.

Hakken, who was in front of Sollel, continued walking as he answered. "No, my lady."

Sollel almost rolled her eyes, but she didn't press Hakken to answer. She let him be. Instead, she focused on feeling Zassia's flame essence, so they could find them fast and also narrowing her radar on Hakkeran to know the enemy's movement. As long as she knew where Hakkeran was, they could easily maneuver so they wouldn't cross path with them again.

And finally, after a few hours of looking for Grath, and Zassia, Sollel and Hakken found the two battling with a transparent looking ant-bug.

Sollel didn't need to lend a hand, seeing how Zassia and Grath were dominating the battle. Instead of helping the two, Sollel observe Zassia and Grath's growth in terms of their flame essence and how they wield them, and she couldn't help clapping her hands after the battle and the two won.

"Teacher!"

"Your Highness!"

Zassia was beaming with happiness when she saw her queen. While Grath felt relieved that he didn't need to put up with Zassia's constant worrying if the queen was okay or not.

"I'm impressed." Sollel smiled at the two. "You've improved a lot."

To hear the queen's compliment, the two was beaming, but seeing Hakken being so serious in the corner, it dampened Grath and Zassia's mood. The two knew that something clearly happened to see a sudden shift in Hakken's attitude.

He looked so happy yesterday, Zassia thought before she neared her highness and asked in a low voice. "Did something happen to Lord Hakken?"

The queen just shrugged and answered in a loud voice that Hakken could surely hear. "I don't know, Zassia. He had been like that since this morning. I kept asking if he had a problem with me, but he kept saying he had none which is a lie because I could tell when he's sulking."

Grath, and Zassia looked at Hakken and even the two could tell that Lord Hakken was sulking— seriously sulking.

"Let's just go," said Sollel when Hakken didn't speak.

She was not going to sweeten him so he would stop sulking because she knew it was not her fault. Coddling Hakken would be fun, she was sure of that, but she would not tolerate such attitude.

Maybe Hakken was really pissed because every monster that blocked their path was all brutally killed by him. Grath, and Zassia didn't even need to lend a hand, Hakken took care of them all as if he was managing his anger through lashing out on the monsters.

Sollel was not complaining, it made their journey faster and safer.

At the time when night fell, Sollel used her blood flame corrosion again to create a circle shape flame to keep them safe from monsters. As it weakened here, in the middle of the night, Sollel's started dozing off. Her head kept bobbling, but she was forcing her eyes to stay open, fighting off her drowsiness.

Her head bobbled countless times before someone caught it and then let her head lean on a firm shoulder before a strong arm wrapped around her waist to pull her close. Sollel knew it was Hakken. Zassia and Grath would never dare touch her so intimately like this.