CHAPTER 28

CHAPTER 28

AFTER HAKKEN bought a top-quality war blade from the Dwarven shop, he left with Sollel. Before stepping out of the shop, Sollel glanced at Erar, who was carefully placing the glass bottle with Sollel's blood on a Dwarven treasure box. The box was made from the strongest metal with a beautiful design. It's one of the strongest treasure boxes the Dwarven Kingdom ever made. Only a master forgeman could own them. One piece each.

Sollel was not worried about her blood in Erar's hand. If there were a race who would never ever betray her, that would be the Dwarven race. Even if it cost them their lives, they were the race that never turned their backs on their fealty.

Following Hakken to the street, she walked beside him toward the inn Hakken rented.

"Fortunately, they have lots of room available," said Hakken.

Sollel smiled and teased Hakken, "Is sleeping in the same room with me that appalling?"

"No, of course not, my lady," Hakken immediately explained himself. "It's just inappropriate for a lady to share a room with a man."

Sollel actually snorted. "That's a human custom, Hakken. And I hate them."

Hakken halted on his step. "So...I can sleep in your room?"

Sollel turned around and asked, "Do you want to?"

"Yes. Saving money is important, after all."

"Okay." Sollel nonchalantly gave her consent because she knew Hakken would never do anything lascivious.

Hakken smiled, hearing the consent, and continued walking beside his lady. Little by little, he knew he was earning his lady's trust. But we're already about to reach the city of Ager. So little time.

"My lady," Hakken said in a serious tone. "The travel from here to the city of Ager will not be as dangerous. We can buy a horse and a wagon for safety and comfort. That said, may I ask for a permission to travel to Ager first?"

Sollel stopped walking and face Hakken. "What do you mean?"

"Lady Zassia showed me her grandfather's message," Hakken explained. "We shouldn't enter Ager without a solid plan. Let me check the city first and gather information to make sure it's safe."

Sollel knew that Hakken was proposing a good plan, but she was reluctant. "Hakken, you're on a wanted list too."

Hakken smiled reassuringly. "No worries, my lady. That won't be a problem."

Sollel was still reluctant. "Do you really have to do this?"

"To keep you safe. Yes."

Sollel sighed. "Be careful out there."

That put a smile on Hakken's lips. "I will, my lady."

"When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow," Hakken answered and smiled coquettishly. "Sleeping in the same room with my lady is a very important experience."

Sollel almost rolled her eyes. "You talk about experience, but you're too prude." Smiling, Sollel walked ahead of Hakken.

Hakken immediately followed. "I want to respect my lady, and of course, I don't want to get burned."

"Good that you know."

Hakken shook his head and just walked beside Sollel until they reached the inn.

"Where's Grath and Zassia?" Sollel asked when she didn't see the two.

"Backyard. Practicing, I think."