Chapter 4: Confrontation

"You broke my heart before you ever let me touch yours."

Next morning

Ishani

I'm making breakfast in a hurry as I'm running late for my work. After finishing all the chores I needed to do, I pack my bag and run out of my room.

"Isha." My uncle's voice stop me at my tracks and I turned around with a big smile on my face. I cannot show him how miserable I got after last night.

"Morning uncle." I said smiling giving him a slight hug. He kissed my forehead and greeted me back.

"Morning sweetheart."

"You want to tell me something?" I asked him as I know he never call out for me when I'm in a hurry.

"Uh yes, our chairwomen wants to meet you today." I got shocked but composed myself before uncle noticed it.

"Um OK, I'll go after college?" I asked and he nodded.

"Perfect, I'll let them know. Do you want me to come along?" He asked hesitantly. I want him to but I also want to say something to the chairwomen that I don't want my uncle to know about.

"It's ok uncle, I'll manage." I said smiling and then bid him goodbye.

_________________

After finishing my shift at work I go to the college and found out Urvi is again bunking, which made me sigh, I really need to share about this turmoil in my mind. At lunch my uncle call me to inform that the chairwomen send a car to pick me up from my college which I reluctantly accept as I don't have any choice.

As soon as I left the college gate a black Mercedes came in my view and a man dressed in white driver uniform came running towards me and greet me by bowing his head. I got so surprised at his gesture that I stood their awkwardly, earning some weird looks from the other students passing by.

"Madam, I'm here to pick you up to meet the chairwomen, please follow me." He said politely.

"Um OK." That's all I can blurted out before following him towards the car. To my surprise the driver open the passenger seat not the back seat of the car, but I didn't say anything and get in hastily. He close the door shut after me and I saw him move away from the car.

"Fasten your seatbelt." I flinched at the sudden deep voice from my side only to realize a man already seated in the driver's seat. My breath almost caught in my throat when our eyes met. The man next to me gleamed with a powerful aura, his intense eyes piercing through my soul, his presence alone is so intimidating that I found myself small before him.

Who is he? He cannot be a driver.

He rolled his eyes when I didn't react to his words. Then he suddenly leaned closer to me and I gulped at the sudden close proximity of our faces. His eyes never leaves mine as he hastily fasten my seatbelt and I found myself got lost in his deep eyes.

I got out of my trance when he started the engine and I cleared my throat awkwardly. I didn't utter a single word, just sitting there, looking out of the window and saw the busy city passing by me.

"Say no to the marriage." He said suddenly, his voice is commanding. I frowned and turned my head towards him. His focus is still on the road as he continues,

"Look I don't know why do you agreed to this marriage but I need you to refuse it when you meet my grandmother." He said slightly looking at me then back to the road.

So this is the arrogant rude jerk! Why is he saying such thing, did he also against this marriage?

"Why would I?" I asked him confused and he clenched his jaw before saying,