Chapter 18: Final goodbyes

" Maybe forever is just a word meant for memories and not people."

Ishani

"Isha!" Maahi squeaked in surprise with a wide smile in her face and jumped at me upon seeing me at their door unexpectedly. I hugged her back tightly and my eyes moistened, I really needed that hug. After a long bone crashing hug we seperate and Maahi asked,

"What a surprise, I didn't expect you to come right after your reception." Maahi said jumping in her feet and holding my hand. I smiled and replied,

"I just missed you all so much." I said lowly, my voice is barely there because my throat hurts from all the crying yesterday.

"I missed you too sis, come on in." She said kissing my cheeks and I smiled nodding at her. She pulled me by my hand but I stopped her to take my luggage with me. Her eyebrows twitched slightly seeing my huge ass bag but before she asked anything I said,

"I'm thinking of staying for few days, I hope it would be ok with you all?" I'm hesitant to even asked about it, I know I shouldn't burdened them by dropping here unexpectedly but I've nowhere to go, and I can't stay at his house after what happened last night.

"Oh my god Isha, why are you asking such dumb question? It's your house too, you can come and stay as long as you want." She said and I smiled in gratitude. I entered the house after almost 2months but it seems like I came here after eternity. My room is exactly same like I left and my bed is neatly done.

Maahi informed me that uncle and aunt is not home, they have an doctor's appointment for my aunt's arthritis and will come back soon. Thankfully Maahi didn't find it odd that I came here alone taking my every belonging with me but I'm pretty sure my uncle and aunt must want to know the reason, and I'm really nervous at the thought of it.

I can't share what happened between me and Adi last night to anyone, it's even hard for me to digest that Adi did something so brutal to me. Tears started to gather in my eyes remembering last night but I controlled them and try to put on my happy face like always.

Last night after composing myself the first thing I do is pack my bags. I don't have the courage to spend a single moment with that heartless monster. I couldn't believe I started to like him and thought that the feelings are mutual. But now I better know I never have that place in his heart which is already occupied by someone else.

When I left today morning the house is drop dead silent, I doubted he is even been in his room or not. But to be honest I don't want to know, actually I don't want to see his face ever again. I told Maria that I'm going for some days to stay at my uncle's house which made her confused at first but seeing my sad eyes she didn't ask me anything further.

I took a long refreshing shower and cries my eyes out but still the ache in my heart didn't seem to lessen a bit. I looked at my body in the bathroom mirror, multiple bite marks and purple bruises covered my whole body. I ran my fingers through them slightly and winced when they stung at my touch.

My lips are still swollen from that brutal bite. I sighed and put on such clothes which hides all my bruises perfectly. The day passed by catching up with Maahi and I got distracted for some time. At evening uncle and aunt returned home and both were shocked to see me, but for different reasons. Whereas my uncle is happy my aunt made a bitter face.

He asked me about my sudden arrival and I said I just missed them. My aunt however taunt me by saying my husband must have thrown me out of his house by seeing my real face. Only if she knew. Uncle shushed her and tell me I can come and stay here as long as I want, which gave me a sense of relief.