Chapter 8: Frontline

Usurper 8: Frontline

19:30 KNST (Kanto Standard Time)

Indigo Plateau Stadium

PWC Series Round 2

Ash vs Lance

Ash looked on in fear as Lance threw a legendary Poke Ball which supposedly could catch any Pokemon without fail. Slowly a legendary Pokemon materialized. But Ash didn't recognize it, so he scanned it with his Rotom Phone's Pokedex app. The rotom spoke

Regidrago, Its body is composed of crystallized dragon energy. Regidrago is said to have the powers of every dragon Pokémon.

"So it's a Regi huh? One on my team has unsettled beef with that family. CHARIZARD, I CHOOSE YOU!"

Ash's Charizard materialized and let out a mighty roar and shot a powerful flamethrower up in the sky. Regidrago responded with a confusing cry. Ash looked at Charizard and said "Eight years ago we both were humiliated on this plateau. Let's redeem ourselves today!" Charizard flapped his wings in agreement and growled, signifying he was ready for battle. Lance let out a chuckle. "You can get the first move Ash, you'll need it after all." Ash thought to himself "I'll make you eat those words". He yelled out "Alright Charizard! Let's get this started, use dragon tail!"

Charizard roared and flew towards Regidrago who dodged his attack, causing Charizard to turn sideways and be disoriented. Lance smiled and uttered his first command. "Quickly Regidrago! Use Dragon Pulse on him" Regidrago beeped nonsense and readied a beam of energy out of his fangs and fired it at Charizard. The beam traveled much faster than expected.

Charizard roared in shock and took the blast head on, causing him to crash into the ground. Ash and his friends gasped. The crowd roared and started ch from this hit, but stopped emphatically when out of the dust rose a pissed off Charizard. The Kanto starter roared and unleashed a blast of fire, telling the audience and everyone in it that he was still in this battle and had no intention of losing. Ash laughed, "Alright Charizard! Flamethrower on the ground. Let's bring the heat!" Charizard began flying over the arena, lighting the grass field on fire and blinding Regidrago slightly. Ash looked at Charizard and yelled out his next command. "Charizard now! Use Slash!" Charizard flew forwards and Lance yelled out his next command. "Dragon Pulse again!" Regidrago fired another dragon pulse towards Charizard who rolled out of the way. His slash attack looked different however, it caused more damage to Regidrago then expected. This caused Lance to gasp. "Well played, it seems like your Charizard just learned Dragon Claw." Ash smiled at hearing this. Lance's expression then suddenly darkened. "But it won't help." Lance yelled out his next command "Regidrago! Use Ancient Power!" Regidrago summoned boulders from thin air and started launching them at Charizard who flew out of the way. He flew up high, desperately dodging and rolling away from boulders while unleashing flamethrowers to force Regidrago to reposition himself. Ash gulped, he hoped Charizard could outlast the spam of boulders. Just then, Charizard's luck ran out and he was struck by a large boulder that he flew straight into. He roared and crashed down to earth, causing a large cloud of dust. Ash knew it was time. The warmup was over, it was now or never.

Ash slammed his hand onto his mega ring and raised it without saying a word. Charizard got the memo and roared, the purple light of Mega Evolution mixed with the dust cloud caused by Charizard's fall and the brown dust and purple light mixed together in a small storm and was suddenly dispeled by the flap of mighty wings. Out of the dust walked a Mega Charizard X who gave a mighty roar. The crowd went wild, Mega Evolution was rare in Kanto but not unheard of. But seeing this display of might was a treat for any crowd.

Lance applauded Ash "I commend you both. That was an inspirational display. But it won't be enough. I'm sick of gimmicks. Regidrago use Dragon Power!"