Chapter 16: Heartwarming

4 months later........

Unknown location in Sinnoh

Ash stood in a cold valley north of Snowpoint where he was told to meet from a mysterious note he was given from his mother. It was addressed from his father, so he flew to Sinnoh as fast as he could. He brought his six strongest Pokemon based on their various performances in the league. Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Garchomp.

The new season wouldn't start for a few months, so he was off the battle circuit but he kept in shape with his Pokemon, and the occasional battle against Gary or Goh. The newfound stardom he found annoying, so he went back to Pallet Town and bought a place of his own. Serena moved in with him shortly thereafter and he tried to live in relative peace.

And now here he was, summoned by his father. Suddenly, a man appeared out of the treeline. He was wearing a black coat and had black hair. A mysterious Pokemon floated by his side. Ash sprinted over through the snow towards the man until he was close enough to speak.

The man spoke first. He was a tad shorter than Ash and had his eyes. "Hello son."

Ash went silent for a second. "Why......who.....who are you! WAIT! I'VE SEEN YOU BEFORE! IN GALAR!" The man laughed. "Yes.....but that wasn't't the time. I've been following you for a while now." Ash glared at him "WHY DID YOU LEAVE MOM AND I !?" The man sighed. "Ashton, I believe that it's easier to show than to tell. I find my language of communication to be a battle, I can understand people best through the language of a battle and how they order their Pokemon." Ash reached for his belt. "Dad.... Or whoever you are...... Let's find out who you really are." The man chuckled. "You remind me so much of myself, I hope you know that." He reached for his belt and grabbed a Poke Ball. "How's six on six sound?" Ash nodded

The man flashed him a smile "Well, let the battle begin."

"Infernape, I choose you!" Ash threw a Poke Ball and out came an Infernape, who let out a cry and pounded his chest. The man laughed. "I have just the Pokemon you'd appreciate, and I think you'd know why." The man tossed an older looking Poke Ball with an underhand throw and an Electivire materialized "VIRE" screamed the electric type. Ash grimaced quickly and Infernape glared at Electivire intensely. He had a hatred for that species, and for good reason. Infernape growled and Electivire laughed. The man nodded and the battle began.

Ash pointed towards Electivire "Infernape! Set up with stealth rock, now!" Infernape summoned rocks out of nowhere and they vanished into thin air. The man flashed a smile before ordering his Pokemon. "Electivire, get in close! Use Thunder Punch!" The electric type ran towards Infernape and was about to strike him with a Thunder Punch before he was tripped from a slide tackle Infernape performed. Ash yelled out "Infernape, quickly! Flare Blitz him!"

Infernape enveloped himself in a flaming glow and flew towards Electivire and crashed into him. Electivire cried out in pain, Ash smiled at this. The mysterious man pointed at Infernape. "Fine! I'll show you how strong we are! Electivire, use plasma fists!" Electivire coated his fists in a glowing white electric glow that hummed and flashed loudly. Electivire rushed Infernape and Ash yelled out "Infernape! Flare Blitz again! Knock Electivire down!"

Infernape coated himself in a powerful blue blaze and rushed Electivire who was waiting. The Electric Giant slammed his fists into Infernape and a powerful explosion happened.

Infernape was knocked out on the ground, and on top of him was an unconscious Infernape. The man smiled and recalled his Pokemon. Ash did the same and a silence ensued. "So.... what's your name?" asked Ash quietly. The man smiled "It's Leo. Leo Ketchum" Ash grabbed his next Poke Ball "Alright, Sceptile let's do this!"