Chapter 10: Daybreak

12:10 AST (Alola Standard Time)

Malano Stadium

Ash vs Lance

Round 2 out of 2

Ash looked around him and saw a cheering stadium all around him. It was clear that he was beloved here. He smiled and waved. These were his people and he would do right by them. The crowd began a chant. "CHAMPION! CHAMPION! CHAMPION! CHAMPION!" Clearly referring to Ash. He looked up at the sky and took a deep breath. This was it

Lance walked in and there were noticeably fewer chants for him. The crowd was basically silent. He had lost a lot of fans from Kanto after his loss against Ash despite having a legendary Pokemon.

The referee took a stand on his step and looked at the two trainers. "This will be a three on three battle! Contestant Ash has motioned for unlimited substitutions to be allowed. Do you consent to this Contestant Lance?" Lance nodded. The referee spoke again. "In that case, best of luck to the both of you. May the best trainer win." He dropped his flags ''BATTLE BEGIN"

Ash picked up a Poke Ball and threw it, "Infernape I choose you!!" A monkey with flame for hair emerged and let out a cry. Ash smiled and let Infernape jump.

Lance laughed and released his first. "Alright Altaria! Start us off strong!" Lance threw a Poke Ball which contained a beautiful Cloud Pokemon who let out a happy cry.

"TARIA" Lance's Altaria sank to the ground and released a happy chirp. Ash looked at Lance who just gave him a scowl.

"Alright Altaria! Let's begin with an effective attack. Use Fly!"

Ash looked at Infernape and smiled. "Alright Infernape! Use Stealth Rock!" Infernape punched the ground and rocks flew up in the sky, the rocks promptly turned invisible.

Altaria flew up in the sky, gracefully soaring above the stadium. Ash quickly composed himself. Quick, Infernape use dig!"

Infernape jumped and started rapidly digging a hole. Lance let out a groan. "Altaria! Quickly use Hyper Beam on the ground!" Altaria began tearing up the ground with a powerful Hyper Beam. Infernape remained underground, simply digging deeper. Altaria paused for a moment and landed while Lance tried to figure out where Infernape was. Ash nudged Pikachu and he discreetly activated an Iron Tail and Quick Attack combo in the ground, sending a signal to Infernape who was below ground. Infernape burst out of the ground right below Altaria and tried to drag the Cloud Pokemon into the hole he dug. Altaria shrieked and tried to fight off Infernape, successfully flying away. However, Altaria flew straight into Infernape's first batch of stealth rocks which caused her to lose control of her flight. Infernape seized this chance to grab Altaria's head and punch it over and over. Altaria yelped and fell down towards earth. Lance yelled out "Altaria No!" Ash smiled and pumped his fist "Infernape yeah!" Infernape responded to this by activating his first Flare Blitz, coating himself in a powerful Blue Flame and body slamming Altaria. While he did suffer from recoil, Altaria absolutely felt that attack more than Infernape did. Ash looked around him. "This is good. We just need to keep Altaria grounded." Ash thought to himself. Infernape roared and waited for orders. Altaria picked itself up and flapped its wings, as if issuing Infernape a challenge. Ash looked at Infernape and nodded. "Alright Infernape! Use Flare Blitz! Slam into Altaria!" Lance threw a fist up. "Altaria, get out of there! Make Infernape work for it! Fly up and burn the arena with Dragonbreath!"

Altaria started flying in circles, a constant beam of Dragon Breath encircling Infernape, forcing him to move. Ash yelled out "Use Dig Infernape!" Infernape used Dig, disappearing beneath the earth. Altaria continued it's attack on the ground, setting the grass on fire. Ash yelled out. "Make as many stealth rocks as you can!" Infernape emerged, and thrashed the earth, creating hundreds of tiny stealth rocks. But he was hit with a Dragon Breath, sending him crashing into the walls of the stadium. "Hyper Beam!!!!" Altaria fired a Hyper Beam which crashed into Infernape who was already at the wall of the stadium.