Chapter 14: Challenger Part 2

13:14 KNST (Kanto Standard Time)

Indigo Plateau Stadium.

PWC Grand Finale.

Leon currently leads the match 3-2.

Chapter 14: Challenger Part 2

The roar of the crowd was deafening. Ash had listened to some pretty loud crowds, but this was outrageous. The stadium shouted his name again and again. He took a step forward and raised his hand, giving the stadium a wave. The spectators loved this and started a chant.

He's OUR CHAMP

He's OUR CHAMP

He's OUR CHAMP

Over and over and over. Ash waved and smiled. He was worried about the Galarians in the crowd, but it seemed like the Kanto crowd would drown out their noise. Suddenly, the loudspeaker of the stadium began playing Leon's theme song. Ash groaned internally, he found Leon's song rather annoying. The stadium big screen showed Leon running in. He entered the arena and gave his signature pose. The crowd gave a mixed noise, with the Kanto supporters booing Leon. The referee flew in on the back of an armored Flygon with cameras all over. He spoke over the loudspeaker.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm pleased to welcome you to the final match of the Pokemon World Coronation series. Today, the monarch Leon with a 3-2 lead will face off against contestant Ash Ketchum. Best of luck to the two contestants."

Leon walked forward and shook Ash's hand. Leon spoke first, "Ash, I'm proud of you for making it this far. No one has ever given me a battle like you have." Ash grinned at hearing this. Leon looked at Ash and his expression and voice deepened. "That being said, I won't leave here with a loss today." Leon winked at Ash and walked off. The referee spoke up. "Contestants, this will be a three on three battle today. Contestant Leon has requested swaps to be allowed. Contestant Ash, do you consent to this?" Ash smiled at the referee "Yes!" and the referee looked around before taking off on Flygon. "Contestants, you may start the match"

Leon readied his first Poke Ball, "Let's show the world our strength! Let's have a champion time, Haxorus!" Leon threw a Poke Ball containing a Unovan Dragon who gave a roar. However, this Haxorus was special. Leon had a shiny one, due to its rare black coloring.

Ash reached for his belt. "Ok then, let's make this a dragon versus dragon fight! Gabite, I choose you!"

Ash threw a Poke Ball containing Gabite, who let out a roar. Leon began laughing "I defeated the most powerful Garchomp in the world and you mock me with his unevolved form? Looks like this'll be an easy win. Ok Haxorus! Let's make this fast. Use Iron Tail!"

The black dragon rushed towards the unaware Gabite and swung his tail brutally, striking Gabite and sending him into the ground. Ash grinned. "Ok then..... Gabite, use Dragon Pulse!"

Gabite gave a growl and fired a beam of purple energy towards Haxorus, which caught him off guard and sent him back a few feet. He roared in pain. Leon gritted his teeth slowly. "Haxorus doesn't react like that often, seems like I underestimated you. But the result will stay the same! Haxorus, use Earthquake!" Ash pointed at Haxorus who began shaking the earth and sending pillars of rocks towards Gabite. "Ok Gabite, rock smash your way through these pillars and hit Haxorus as hard as you can!" Gabite gave a cry and charged his way through pillars of earth sent up by Haxorus who was trying his hardest. Gabite punched through a large pillar and crashed into Haxorus. The shiny Pokemon was sent back a few feet and gave a cry. "Haxorus Hax!" Gabite growled at this. Leon and Ash yelled simultaneously. "Beat him down!"

Haxorus rushed towards Gabite and threw a punch and Gabite met it with a rock smash. Haxorus swung again and Gabite sidestepped and slashed Haxorus's face with a fin. Haxorus punched faster and made contact with Gabite and swung his head which cut Gabite. Gabite didn't seem fazed and punched Haxorus with a Rock Smash, Haxorus slid back a bit and met Gabite's next strike. Gabite pushed back and growled at the shiny Pokemon. The two locked arms in a struggle, each vying for dominance and unable to push the other Pokemon back. Gabite suddenly let go and jumped back, causing Haxorus to lose balance and fall down. Gabite jumped up and released a point blank Dragon Pulse. Haxorus screamed in agony and the audience started cheering. The first decisive hit of the match had been hit. Haxorus stood up and growled. This was unacceptable to the shiny Pokemon with an ego. He roared and Leon gave an order. "Haxorus! No more fooling around! Give him EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING! Outrage!" Haxorus glowed red and rushed Gabite at a brutal speed, tackling him and swiping at him with his head. Haxorus grabbed Gabite's body and ragdolled him, slamming the Pokemon into the ground on his left side and again on his right. He slammed him as if he were a Hulk and Gabite was a weak god named Loki. Ash yelled out "Gabite! Dragon Pulse on his face! Quickly!"