E-SPELL-IARMUS Contest [ CLOSED ]

Photosensitivity Warning: Please note, contest chapter(s) may include flashing images/gifs.

Greetings magic and spell lovers,

For this month, Magic presents a spellbinding contest in collaboration with WattpadPotterverse and WattpadESL. We bring you the magical and miraculous

E-SPELL-IARMUS contest!

Be sure to get your wands to cast your spell!

PROMPT

Harry Potter series introduced fans to an expansive new Wizarding World composed of dozens of spells, charms, and hexes. You must know many famous spells from the Harry Potter series already but we want you to use those spells in an unexpected scenario.

For example, "Alohomora" is an unlocking charm. The famous spell used on unlocked objects such as doors or windows. What happens if it's used to unlock a heart for love again? "Accio" is for summoning stuff from afar but how about using it to transport or summon people or things from other time points and other dimensions?

Write a story using one of the given spells below in a situation that the spell isn't meant to be used. Discover the alternative and ultimate use of these famous spells:

▸Alohomora - Unlocking charm.

▸Accio - Summoning charm.

▸Wingardium Leviosa - Levitates objects.

▸Expelliarmus - Disarming Charm.

▸Reparo - Repairs broken objects.

▸Obliviate - Erases memories.

RULES AND GUIDELINES

▸Wordcount: upto 1500 words.

▸Deadline for submission is December 9th, 2021. 11:59 PM GMT.

▸You can only choose ONE of the above given spells and you have to write the exact spell in your story.

▸We only accept English entries.

▸Mature content is accepted but must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

▸One entry per participation,

▸You can publish your entry in new book or existing short story collection.

▸Submission via this FORM.

▸You can share your entry in the comment section for others to check it out!

PRIZES

Winner(s) will receive:

▸Shoutouts from participating profiles.

▸A brand new stickers for your book covers.

▸Add to Winner reading list if it is a standalone.

▸Add to anthology book if they want.

DISCLAIMER

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.