Indistinguishable Contest [CLOSED]

ScienceFiction and Magic have united to bring you a January writing contest that blurs the lines between the technological and the mystical.

What for one person is a simple technical solution might appear to another like magic. Honestly, who of you can explain how in detail his laptop computer works? Or why a solar panel produces energy? The more complex the science, the more it will resemble magic to the eye of an uninitiated beholder. Or, to put it with the words of Arthur C. Clarke:

Base your contest entry on the quote above

Base your contest entry on the quote above. You're free to write from the perspective of someone whose scientific assets are taken for magic or from someone who encounters science that looks like magic.

Your story has to encompass both aspects, though, science and magic. That will most certainly make it science fiction and magical.

Your story may be maximum 1500 words long. It must be in English, as we currently have no other language capacities.

Publish the story on your profile, either as a new story or as a new chapter in an existing anthology. Only one chapter, please!

You may submit the link to your story via the form on either the @ScienceFiction or the @Magic profile.

Feel free to share the link to your story in the comments section below, in either or both profiles, however please only submit your story once using the submission form.

The time limit for this challenge is Sunday, 28th of January, midnight UTC (coordinated universal time)

Don't forget to check out your fellow competitors works!

Happy writing and reading,

The ScienceMagic contest team