𝟘𝟙𝟘

Jumping into into one of the patrol cars with Suk-Jin—he flipping on the sirens before speeding off toward the address that was announced through the radio—(Y/N) could only grip the edge of her seat tightly as heat heart pounded from fear

Who is it?

What if it's... what if it's Jeffrey?

  This fear only intensified the closer they got to her apartment, hopping out of the car almost as soon as it stopped. Practically sprinting up the stairs to her unit, ignoring the officers on the ground who tried to stop her, she ripped through the yellow caution tape that was taped across the opening of her door.

"Hey!" A female officer yelled when seeing this. "You're not supposed to be here."

"This is my apartment," (Y/N) clarified, eyes roving over the space to find where body was with hopes that it wasn't Jeffrey's.

"That doesn't matter," the woman snapped as she rubbed the bridge of her nose, sighing heavily in obvious annoyance. "You can't just barge in on an active crime scene like this, Miss."

Letting out a constrained breath after seeing nothing other than signs of struggle—a lamp smashed to pieces on the floor, the sliding door halfway open, dishes and water scattered over the floor, and dark spots that she knew was blood on the floor leading upstairs—(Y/N) pushed past the woman and ran up the stairs, many other medics, forensic scientists and photographers loitering around.

Stepping into her bedroom, she felt her breath leave her lungs when seeing the sight in front of her.

While she had never spoken to this boy in a friendly manner since he had always been rude to her—pushing her around or tearing up her homework—she didn't think that he would somehow be dead nor did she think he would ever be apart of this case. Placing a hand over her mouth, she turned away from the horrible sight of the boy gutted, the pungent smell being the worst part.

It was obvious that he had been dead for quite a while, and had only recently been moved due to the smears and drops of blood on the floor, but what was not obvious was why.

This was staged.

  But why?

Why would this person kill Ken? We were never close—he was a bully!

"This is why we don't want civilians to be here, especially for a murder in their own home," the female police office let out a breath as she came to a stop beside (Y/N), her hands on her hips while she too took in the scene before her. "Either that or contamination, and luckily you have the right mind not to touch anything—"

"What the fuck happened here?" (Y/N) whispered, cutting the woman off as she turned to face her.

"That is exactly what we are trying to figure out."