𝟘𝟛𝟙

Slowly over the course of the next two weeks, (Y/N) gradually made it seem as if she were more accustomed to Suk-Jin and more accepting of her reality

Slowly over the course of the next two weeks, (Y/N) gradually made it seem as if she were more accustomed to Suk-Jin and more accepting of her reality. However, within her mind, she could only scream and berate him for taking her from everything she knew along with planning the escape that she so desperately wished for.

    It was exhausting.

    Attending to Suk-Jin's needs was far more energy-consuming than she had thought.

    She had to be very cautious.

    She couldn't allow her true emotions to slip.

    And she couldn't garner suspicions.

    She wondered how long she would be able to go before her mask of acceptance cracked. Suk-Jin would sometimes mention about their life together once everything had settled down, and it was in those moments that she wanted to wrap her hands around his throat and watch as the life drained from those dark eyes of his—those calculative, cold eyes that she was sure now that she always hated.

    And it was those very eyes that she was now staring into from across the table she sat at.

    Because (Y/N) had been behaving well, Suk-Jin surprised her with something she wouldn't have expected: having dinner with him. He had led her out to the expansive and rather grandiose dining room by her collar, then chaining and locking her to the floor by a metal loop designed in the floor. There were multiple scattered throughout the space from what she could see, and it was then that she realized that the house was designed specifically with her presence in mind.

The thought didn't comfort her.

"You're not going to eat?" Suk-Jin hummed with a small smile as he gestured with his fork to the plate in front of her, the warm food wafting off a scent that enraptured her senses.

(Y/N) tentatively picked up her fork.

She was tempted to stab it through his neck, but she refrained.

Such bloodthirsty urges were becoming quite frequent for her, and she worried of what would become of her. To be able to live a normal life like she had before seemed so far away now, and she mourned the thought. But then again, just like that, her determination to escape roared back to life.

"I'll eat," she mumbled softly, eating the food before her.

The meal was delicious.

It was always delicious.

Yet, at the same time, it was so very bland.

"It's nice being able to have dinner with you like this," Suk-Jin mused as he leaned forward, barely adjusting the glasses perched on his nose whilst continuing to stare intently at (Y/N).

She didn't answer him.

"We should do this more often," he merely continued, used to her silence even after finally managing to get her to respond—albeit if it were in a blunt and stiff manner. "I like being able to look upon your face under the lights. The darkness of that room diminishes my ability to see your beauty... perhaps we should change that."

At that, (Y/N)'s movements halted.

She hated that dark room.

Suk-Jin didn't elaborate any more than that, instead continuing to eat in silence. She stared at him a moment longer before she did the same.

Soon enough, the plates were cleared.

"It seems it's getting late," Suk-Jin murmured as he glanced at both the clock and outside the windows where the sun was already beginning to set. "Perhaps we should get cleaned up for the night."

Unlocking her chain from the floor, Suk-Jin then escorted (Y/N) to the bathroom. Reluctance and discomfort clear as day could be seen written across her expression. Bathing together with the man had become a regular occurrence—he didn't touch her inappropriately, nor did he make any move to, but being in the same space as him with both of them unclothed set her nerves on fire.

And after what he had done to her when she had hurt her foot, she was all the more uneasy.

"Come, now," Suk-Jin smiled.

(Y/N) had no choice.