Chapter 16

Author's POV:

As Deepali was recovering, Arjun thought it would be better to make her understand the things before the never fulfilling emotions develop within her again.

He made her sit on the bed and holding her hands he explained to her "Deepali Listen carefully....you are mature girl...at this age developing feelings for someone is natural but developing the feelings for someone who is not meant to be yours is wrong....I am not saying that you are completely wrong here... it's a phase that everyone goes through and it happened with you too... it's natural... it just happened.... we can't go to the past and change it but definitely we can change the future"

"That's what I am trying to tell you from the day I came here Arjun...we can change our future...our future is in your hands...you are my future Arjun"

Brushing off her hands he stood up and retorted

"You have to accept the fact Deepali...the fact that I am a married man now...A man who is very happy with his wife"

"You can divorce her Arjun"

"Deepali" he shouted at her at an extreme peak that her body shivered and automatically her legs took a step back.

She was not in her senses...All she wanted was to be called Arjun's wife only to prove someone wrong...

And to prove SOMEONE wrong she could go to any extent

"Don't you dare" pointing his finger he warned her gritting his teeth with his bloodshot eyes.

She was scared to death at his reactions to her single statement. Her eyes brimmed up with tears.

Hearing the shit that she uttered he felt his blood boiling like hot lava and was clenching his fists continuously to control his inner volcano which would erupt at any moment of time.

He didn't want to complicate the situation even more by losing his temper. He didn't want a patient to be prey to his anger.

Facing his back to her he closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. Holding his neck he tilted his head back and tried to calm himself.

He took a deep breath and finally said the words Deepali was waiting for

"OK I'll divorce her and marry you"

Her pale face glowed and the teary eyes shined but it lasted only for a second as Arjun proceeded

"But I can't give you anything that a woman expects from her husband...I can't give you the happiness that you deserve...I can't reach up to your expectations...I can be  your namesake husband only and the relationship will be just equal to the  two strangers staying under one roof "

"No problem at all Arjun...after marriage you can take your own time...there's no hurry...I'll help you in this" she said wiping her tears with a little hope in her heart that she was successfully getting what she wanted

"Try to understand Deepali...this can't happen " holding her by the shoulder he pleaded

"I'll give you everything that a man needs Arjun...I'll satisfy all your expectations...all your wishes...just marry me"

Bowing her head down she whispered with much difficulty "If you want I am ready to give myself to you right now and fulfil all your physical desires"

Instantly he took his hands back with a jerk and moved back and shut his eyes tight feeling sick of whatever she mumbled.

She had no idea what shit she was talking about. She wasn't in her senses. The only thing she wanted was Arjun. Fresh tears began flowing down her cheeks.