CH4: HER BLESSING

"Barack, what the fuck?" Michelle whispered, her eyes bloodshot.  She was met with silence.  Barack had nothing to say.  He had cheated on his sister.

"I- I was going to search for you in the bathroom, but-" Barack tried to explain when he had finally found his voice.

"Oh, save it!" She roared spitefully, turning heads.
"I've been crying on the floor of the bathroom, because of you!  I knew you were feeling distant.  You're so unaffected, I really don't get it!" She cried, hurt and anger visible in her eyes.
"But I guess good 4 u.  We're over, Barack." She glared at her husband (or brother, maybe). 

Barack didn't say anything.  She wasn't exactly wrong.  He was unaffected around her.  But he still cared for her.  It hurt him to see her cry like that, even though he kind of saved her from the torture of being in an incestuous relationship. 

"Barack, listen- " Harry grabbed Barack's attention as he began to speak of how he hadn't intended for that to happen.

"Not now, Harry dear.  I'll see you in a bit." Barack kissed Harry's forehead as he made his way to Michelle who had already reached the bottom of the tower.

"Michelle!  Miche- Michelle, w- wait... WOWWW....  The guard was right when he asked me to take the elevator..." Barack huffed as he ran over to Michelle.  As a 60-year old who could only be capable of engaging in vanilla sex, he should have known better.

Michelle turned around, her pouted face waiting for an answer.  There was no answer.
"Well?" She urged.  She was hoping that he would apologise and things would go back to normal again.  She had her finger crossed.

"Michelle, see," Barack began, " I have no justification for what you saw earlier today.

Michelle felt her heart snap into two.

"I kissed him.  I initiated it, and I don't regret it.  It felt so good Michelle, it felt like I was in heaven.  He's so beautiful, it's unreal.  His eyes, his lips, his everything.  God, I'm whipped.  I think I love him Michelle." He poured his heart out to his sister, who was already a crying mess.
"I'm sorr-"

"It's okay, Barack.  I get it; you don't love me anymore." She sniffed and wiped her tears.

"I do, Michelle," Barack's eyes softened. "But, more like a sister."
Michelle nodded and smiled through teary eyes.

"So, are we okay?" Barack asked.

"I'm in love with you, Barack.  I'm happy if you are, even if I'm not in the picture.  So, yes, we're okay."
Barack and Michelle took the elevator to the restaurant just to meet a panicked Harry.

"MRS. EX-EX-PRESIDENT, I'M SO SO SORRY! IT WAS NEVER MY INTENTI-"
Michelle cut him off with a hearty laugh.
"It's okay, my child.  We can't choose who we love." Her smile was mix of sadness, strength and acceptance.
Harry hesitantly nodded, turning his gaze to a smiling Barack.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds.  Barack, I'll move into a different hotel suite, because, you know, I don't wanna make things awkward between us." Michelle picked up her purse from her chair.

"Mrs. Ex-Ex-President, I'm honestly feeling so guilty.  I'm sorry." Harry apologised again.

"Don't be, child." She said, before leaning right beside his ear.  "You have my blessing."