After a storm

The grey silk was cool on my skin,the brisk morning air hugged me tightly, I came to bed at three am and three hours later I had yet to close my eyes and enjoy the sweet pleasure of slumber, because a certain dolt not only needed me to create a banner, come up with an advert for both radio and TV at the same time write a thousand words in statistical backing that my ideas would work. I gave up on the faintest idea of sleep and stepped out into my balcony, I occupied the third floor of the seventh story building, a three bed roomed apartment. I was drawn out by the harmonic sound of rain hitting the window pane not to mention  the whiff of water mixing with dirt embellishing the air with sweet earthy scents.

   It was magnificent. the sky was dark and gloomy for an early morning, erupting specks of light rolling out into tiny line, like a vein pulsing the main organ, brilliance painting the sky with roaring tenacity, thundering the atmosphere with so much rage, illuminating fireworks that could generate over 90 million volts according to its height I wouldn't want to be caught in such a storm. I could see idiots speeding through the down pour at,  if fancknstine came back to life by the high "juices' what would happen to a living creature?its there funeral.

   the wind was blowing hard. This to me was home, although I couldn't venture into the storm or stay out to long in such a weather, it was home. nature has always fascinated me, the way it balances its way out, it  seems to have such fairness unlike people the rain had gone down while the ferocious winds picked up waking the parking lot, I would have been mad any other day but not today, i was ecstatic that the annoying sounds get to wake up my neighbor. the phone sounded I walked back in.

     "what!" I yelled, wiping moister from my face,

    "hello Miss. Hart?" A manly voice or a very deep voiced female asked on the other side

    "what is it!" 

    "I'm Nathaniel, principle of Gonton schools, you talked to the students about a trailer you created."

   "yeeees?" those little rascals

   "you signed our guidance package?."

  "I did I believe I offered a lot of guidance to the children."

"I'm sure you did, the package included an agreements entailing that if a student would wish to stay with a mentor they can for three weeks during the holiday, you signed that part also. holidays start next week, a student signed up to stay with you, with the agreement of the parent of course."

  "what!"

  "yes I was surprised as well, unfortunately that will not be possible."

   "oh boomer." I whined trying to make my voice as genuine as possible.

    "Don't be so disseminated, we did a background check on you and everything is in odder."

  "For what."

  "we'll need you to pick up Kimberly from st.Francis hospital, today and not next week, at eighth her father fell ill and your the closest thing to temporary guardianship she has, we'll be in the waiting room. thank you again Miss Hart."

"For what, what are you talking about." Unfortunately he had hung up on me.

.......................

  I arrived at the hospital a few minutes early and met with Nathaniel, he explained the child didn't have any one to look after her, giving an Oscar worthy performance I declined. 

That's when I saw her, brown eyes! coming out of a hospital room, her body shaking, eyes glistening like champagne, holding back tears, it felt like a kick to the gut I would know I've had plenty.