Kill it or

It had been five vacation days well spent keeping away from a certain brute.

Five days of playing driver and cook to Kimberly.

Five days of Kimberly constantly asking who the handsome man was, why were we escaping and if?

Five days of agitation from being bored out of my mind, I need excitement in my life.

It is Monday morning, I arrived at the office after picking up Kimberly from her last day of school.

I greeted Jane right after the elevator doors opened and grabbed my milk.

"My phone was ringing of the hook,whats happening?"

"Greg wants to see you,something important." She replied casually to my question

"If its off the hook how did it ring?" Kimberly asks, a big cheeky smile plastered on her face.

"Do you ever let out kid."

"Not, when I can change these silly expressions you use." She replies giggling

"how old are you?" Jane asks her as we head to my office

"A decade."

"Well a lot of good things happen in ten."

"Oh really? Like the ten plagues." I joined in smirking

"how old are you?" Kimberly asked.

"Old enough for you to follow my every instruction, I'm heading to the loo, my office is down the hall wait for me there."

But none of them made any attempt to go, instead they followed me in to the bathroom.

People always ask why girls go in the bathroom in pairs, trust when I say I have no freaking idea,and its definitely not to have secret pillow fights as it was suggested to me once. Its girl code or something, to be honest I was never let in to much of the girl code system growing up I was either by myself writing or playing football/soccer (which ever you prefer) with the guys, not a lot of girls did that as you can imagine I had alot of nicknames ,they braided each others hair I guess talking about the secrets of the female community and how to obscure already deciphered girl "language" by the opposite sex

"when I say its fine, it means its worse than fine." a girl from the seventh grade told me once failing miserably to make me see the logic.

I've been asked many times regretfully to escort a person to the bathroom, I just stand there clueless like a creepy stalker-not that theres any other kind, while they chat away, re-applying there face.

But sometimes its not so easy standing in a lavatory seconds away from a person having what seems like a fight with sharks and she's loosing.

Good grief the smell, excuse my language gentle souls, I mean the fumes not only choke you, poke you in the eyes with mace stained fingers, sucker punch your nose it also invades your mouth stripping you of the tongue clenching appetite you had for grilled chicken breast.

The sounds erupting from the mortified stall are like that of an alien invasion and not the we come in peace kind, you would be lucky to only come out with nightmares after the thirty minutes of agony end and your pretty sure the stench from her fight is permanently stuck on your tormented clothes while she walks away unaffected laughing at the table. Her suitor asks what took so long and she replies care free, "oh just touching up."

He in turn compliments her as looking ravishing.

You? well I smile and play a different conversation in my head, surviving the night because she is an important client, what people in my line of work refer to as whale.

".....John is driving me crazy, I color code the socks from small to big from violet to red how hard is it to grasp the rainbow sequence?" Jane shrieks in annoyance.

"what you should do is tell him." I reply washing my face.

"oh tell the most perfect, sexy man I've ever dated for more that two months mind you," she goes on while checking to see that the stalls are empty, "that I have OCD."

"What is OCD?"

"Its obsessive compulsive disorder Kim, it just means I function differently than everybody else."

"Does it hurt?"

"No," Jane reply's, with torment in her eyes.

Jane confided in me once, told me that it took a long time but she was able learn how to deal, how to live with it, the hardest part was being looked at like a freak, people being mean and blaming her to justify there actions, she spent long hours to herself demanding her eyes not to shed tears, asking her heart not to be afraid, affected by society's views, praying for a friend, a guardian, asking what good deed deserved such a gift. The hardest part was high school she said, a time she contemplated suicide every week, "but its not how they knock you down or how you get up, its what you do once you've risen of the ground, do you wallow? I decided to be great, embrace every part of me because it makes me and not a factory product of societies ingredients." From that moment I was glad I picked her to be by my side.

"I doubt his perfect, no one is, if you don't tell him you'll be miserable,your doing a good job so far I'd hate to fire you if your job fails because of heart break, if he doesn't understand move on there plenty of..." I was interrupted as always.

"Don't you dare say fish in the sea."

"...stars shining brighter in the sky."

I left Kimberly and Jane in my office and headed to the conference room to meet Gerald

"Cassy your finally back, Mr. Nyx will be here shortly," Gerald begun to say but was soon interrupted by a familiar scent of masculinity "there you are Eran, Rachael " he says greeting them, they take seats and in front of me.

"Cassy," Eran throws out casually and it infuriates me.

'Why did he walk in with her,she's not even that beautiful' I thought and yet again my subconscious prevailed in making me miserable by wording our, 'yes she isn't beautiful she's just drop dead gorgeous.'

"Mr. Nyx, Mrs I'm sorry I don't know you last name Mrs?"

she smiled wickedly and said, "Miss Ferral."

I smiled back and sat down while Gerald explained that Eran had phoned saying I left him a concept which he loved.

" with the little information you know about the product you amazed me with all you were able to do I choose you to continue with the project unless you don't want to." Eran boldly stated

"I'll do it Mr. Nyx unless you think my night activities might hinder my commitment to the task."

"not at all,I'm sure your night activity will be waiting." He smiled, a full blown,cheesy,hearty smile, it was contagious I felt my cheeks move and Gerald look over at me like I was crazy.

————————————————-

Isn't it great that there's no one else on earth like you, hypothetically if you were to be cloned, you clone would still be different from you...embrace it people ( words from a person typing from her phone-not easy with big thumbs,don't picture gigantic thumbs- wondering what the world thinks of this chapter)

"All you have is your fire...

And the place you need to reach

Don't you ever tame your demons

But always keep 'em on a leash. " words by Hozier at the top.
@Darkness_in_the_Nite