The Worst Thing Ever

Alex is at Kurtis' doorstep.

Kurtis is not at the door yet, but he can see him through the window in the tv room from where he's sitting on the couch.

Alex doesn't know he knows he's at the door. Even though it's past sunset, Kurtis was watching a movie in the dark (and having a pity party, contemplating calling Alex), so Alex can't see through the window.

He rings the doorbell, which is the second time.

Kurtis sighs and stands up. He knows they should talk and he hates knowing they wasted a week together over a stupid fight.

Was it a fight? Kurtis listened to the voicemails. Maybe he was being dramatic, but Alex really made him feel like a rebound and that hurt a lot more than he thought it would.

Technically, they were both in the process of getting over someone when they met; Kurtis' ex, Ruben and Alex's... three year crush, McKenna. But, Kurtis would never consider Alex a rebound.

So yeah, Alex's explore what's here, hurt a lot.

But he misses Alex, and maybe Alex really didn't mean it like that, so Kurtis has his hand on the doorknob, takes a deep breath, and opens the front door.

Kurtis doesn't speak and also doesn't step aside from Alex to enter.

The younger boy doesn't have to speak, though, because Alex is already rushing out, "Kurtis, I'm sorry for what I said. That isn't how I feel about..." you, Alex isn't sure if he should add that because, again, it was never stated that it was Kurtis he was talking about when saying, explore what's here. He also doesn't want to admit that he was talking about Kurtis because what he said was so shitty, and he never wants to speak shitty things about the boy.

Kurtis raises his eyebrows and shakes his head a bit as if to say, hello? Say something? Spit it out! when Alex still hasn't finished his sentence.

"Ah! I don't even know how to explain myself for saying something so stupid. I don't say stupid things unintentionally. I'm sorry, I don't have an explanation for what came out of my mouth, but I'm really sorry. Please forgive me, I can't leave with us not talking and knowing you hate me."

Kurtis wants to roll his eyes. Hate? Like I could ever hate you. Instead, Kurtis sighs, and steps aside, giving Alex a silent, you can come in.

Kurtis crosses his arms, "What you said was not okay," he tells Alex matter-of-factly as Alex shuts the front door.

Alex nods and steps closer to him, "I know, I'm sorry."

"But I appreciate your apology... and... I also don't want you going to college with us two not talking."

Alex's arms wrap around the smaller boy. Kurtis keeps his arms at his side. "Not talking to you for a week was the worst thing ever," Alex admits.

Kurtis slowly wraps his arms around Alex's waist. He leans his head on the taller boy's chest and breathes in his scent.

Alex is a good five inches taller than Kurtis being at six-foot and two inches which, in Kurtis' opinion is the perfect amount of height difference.

Kurtis exhales and Alex squeezes the boy tighter.

He also hated not talking to Alex, and he wonders how much they'll talk when Alex goes off to Harvard.

**

Comment and vote to support me and Alex and Kurtis!!

Thank you for reading!!

-Xoxo, Bert