Everyone's a suspect

Cassie sat down at her agonizing last lesson, from time to time she would glare at the clock, hoping that it would make time move faster.  She couldn't wait for class to be over so she could visit Caleb. After what she watched on the news and what she read in the papers and online, she had been restless, as anyone in her situation would be.

She needed to see Caleb, she needed to know how he was doing. She and her mum planned on going to the station as soon as they heard the news about Caleb but Brady called saying that they're not letting him receive any visitors and so they grudgingly waited till the next day.

She stared at the clock again not bothering about what her history teacher had been talking about all afternoon, he had a very sluggish manner in which he spoke and moved, which made his class a million times more boring and unbearable to sit through than other classes. 

"Miss Meyer, is there somewhere else you'd rather be?" Mr. Phillips demanded in his annoying high pitched lazy voice, she hadn't even noticed him walking up to her desk, she looked up to see a very angry Mr. Phillips in front of her. She averted her gaze to his distracting his pot belly that was threatening to smack her in the face anytime he moved. His shirt was so tight, his button looked like they were about to pop free. "I asked you a question Miss. Meyer" he snapped, his bad breathe oozed into her nostrils, thus snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Errr... huh?... Oh, Mr. Phillips, I'm sorry" she replied dully. He simply nodded his head and went back to whatever he had been blabbering about. She  tried her hardest to pay ample attention to the lesson, she was a senior and she knew that she had to make a lot of effort towards her education in her final year of high school.

The bell finally rang after what seemed like centuries to Cassie, she grabbed her bag and shoved her books inside. As she sprinted out of the class, she tripped on something in the hallway and fell down flat to her face, it hurt, but she got back up and kept on running, she ignored the pain she felt, all she could think about was the pain her brother must be in after hearing about his possible death.

She swung open her car door relieved not to find any more threats inside, she made sure to lock her car door in the morning when she got to school, she knew that the killer could still find his way in, locked or not, but she still felt safer locking it.

She sped down to her house as quickly so she could to pick up her mother, her father had been out all day trying his hardest to defend Caleb.

"Mum I'm home!" Cassie yelled at the top of her lungs, things were still a bit awkward between them but she was relieved to have gotten all her anger and frustration toward her mother off her chest.

Her mother ran out looking unkept, there were dark circles under her eyes, her hair was a mess and she was dressed in simple jeans and a simple blouse, for once, she actually looked her age. She pulled her shades out of her purse  and put them over her eyes, she looked a bit more presentable now, but her misery was evident on her lips, the way they were curved down in a frown gave everything away.

"Let's go," she replied in a croaked voice that made it seem as though she had a terrible cold, but it was her crying that caused it.

Cassie and her mother were almost at the station when Cassie noticed a lot of people scattered outside the building, she looked over to her mum and saw that she was also looking with confusion evident in her expression, there was hardly any space to park and so she parked her car opposite the station, rather than right in front like she always did.

They got out of the car and a reporter noticed them and immediately ran to them, alerting the crowd in the process, they ran towards them and bombarded them with unsavoury questions. They pushed up their microphones up to Cassie and Mrs. Meyers lips as tough they were trying to force them down their throats.