The eerie call

This chapter is dedicated to one of my newest readers zezea13 Thanks for all the lovely and hilarious comments, they make me laugh and smile every single time :)

-

Cassie found it really hard to understand what she was witnessing, the fact that Tyler and Peter knew each other well enough to be in an argument did not sit right with her. A feeling akin to fear began to wash through her, her mind kept on going back to the times Tyler had warned her to stay away because he was bad news. She never really paid any attention to his warning because she did not want to give herself the opportunity to suspect him of anything, no matter how little.

"I warned you to be careful Tyler," she heard Peter yell as she moved closer to them.

"I told you already Peter, I'm being as careful as I can be," Tyler retorted "no one knows anything and I was careful today, no one followed me here," he said in a stern tone. Cassie let out a gasp, she didn't like what she was hearing one bit.

"That better be the case Tyler because I swear if anyone finds out about this you'll be sorry," Peter warned, waving his hand in Tyler's face.

They spoke with a level of familiarity that made Cassie wonder how well they really knew each other. Their argument came to a halt and she quickly tiptoed to the store's entrance. After about a minute, she could see Peter from a distance marching to his car, he scanned the area carefully and he looked towards her direction for a while, she was so scared that he saw her and so she went deeper into the entrance, he later got into his car and sped off.

Tyler came out about three minutes after Peter had left. The foolish part of Cassie took control and dragged her feet to Tyler's car, it also took control of her mouth causing her to yell his name.

"Tyler!" She called out. As soon as he heard his name he froze in his position and he slowly turned around and his swollen eyes were now locked with Cassie's. She opened her eyes wide and put her hands over her mouth. "Tyler what the hell is going on, what were you doing with that officer? How do you two even know each other and why do your bruises keep on increasing?" she demanded in a broken voice.

"I've told you a billion times Cassie, my life is none of your business," he said through gritted teeth and a clenched jaw.

"Yes it is my business, you know why Tyler?" She asked as she bravely moved closer "it's because my brother is in prison for attending a party that you" she said pointing at his chest with her index finger "invited him to."

"It was a coincidence," he said stoically, focusing his attention on a tiny stone that he was kicking in the floor.

Her face contorted into an instant frown "what do you mean it was a coincidence? Tyler someone set Caleb up and he has a strong feeling that it's you," she said raising her voice.

As she said this he immediately rose up his head and guilt took over his features for a quick second before staying impassively "why would he think that?" he blinked uncontrollably.

"He saw you take a picture," she yelled.

"He doesn't know what he saw, maybe he was drunk, that's what he does best," he said, not able to look her in the eye.

 "How didn't I ever notice this, Tyler?" she asked weakly as he hands collapsed lifelessly to her sides.

"Notice what?" He deadpanned.

"How didn't I ever notice anytime I rested my head on your chest that it was void of a freaking heart," she said as a tear slipped out her eyes. "How could I be foolish enough to trust you?" She asked "why didn't I see that you were only cloaked with goodness and underneath lay a monster?" She asked as she stifled a tear from rolling down her cheeks I don't know what you're doing with Peter but if it is what I think, if you did set Caleb up, if you did have anything to do with these murders then you might as well kill yourself because to me you are dead," she said in the most stern manner.