The Midnight Phone Call

Marinette's Manor, 12 in the night

Chloe was sleeping after talking with Kagami. Marinette had slept an hour ago. Suddenly, her phone started Ringing. She was confused on who was calling her. She saw it was Adrien. She answered it.

Chloe:C
Adrien: A

C (sleepily) : Hello Adrien. Do you even know what time is it in Gotham?

A: somewhere in the night. I know. But I wouldn't have called if it wasn't important.

(The tone in Adrien's voice. The worry made Chloe worried too and woke her up.)

C: What happened? Are you fine?

A: Yeah. I'm okay. You should worry about Marinette.

C: Why?

A: Is she near you? Tell me seriously.

C: No. She is sleeping.

A: Okay. So here's the gist. You know how Nino still messages me and calls me even though I am not on Lila's side. I know I shouldn't but-----

C: I know. Go ahead. I don't mind.

A: yeah. So he told me that the year trip they are going on is next week. Don't Scream. They are going to America. Moreover they are spending their first week in Gotham City.

C (screaming) : THEY ARE WHAT??

{Mari enters the room hearing Chloe scream and was about to ask what happened, when she noticed she was on the phone. }

A: Yeah, yeah I know. I just thought Mari should know beforehand. Before you say anything else, I was about to come there myself with Kagami and Luka. I have already talked to them.

C: Good. Come fast. I can't- (notices Mari standing) wait to see y'all again. When are you all coming?

A {guesses Mari is in the room} : I'm guessing Marinette is in the room. Okay so,I will be there by day after tomorrow. Kagami and Luka are arriving tomorrow itself seeing as they are in America since yesterday. You know they actually were coming to see you both and surprise you but you know what happened. You should wait for Kagami and Luka before telling her yourself.

C: Come fast. Will be waiting for you and them. Bye.

A: Okay bye.

---- End of Call -----

Chloe hugs Mari and says, "Guess what? Luka and Kagami are coming tomorrow. Adrien is also coming to meet us but day after tomorrow." Marinette glares at her and says, "Chloe you aren't good at lying, you know. You can't hide anything especially from me. What's going on? Why is everyone coming here?"

"They just missed you and wanted to surprise you." Marinette Hardened her glare at Chloe. So, Chloe sighs and says, "I don't know how to tell you. Can you just wait for others to arrive tomorrow?"

"No."

"Fine. But sit down first."
Marinette sits down and demands Chloe to say. After letting out a long sigh ,Chloe hugs and helds Mari and says, "Let's just say Lie-la is coming to Gotham on Class field trip. Everyone from our class is coming."

Mari mumbles, "no.... No..... I can't go with it again. Please no...." She starts crying, removes herself from the hug and rushes back to her room and locks the door. Chloe runs behind her but gets left out the door. She screams, "Mari open the door. Please. I'm here. She won't harm you this time. Nobody will.. Just come out. I'm waiting outside the door."

Soon Tikki comes out, "What happened? She's crying continuously and Panicking." Chloe explains the situation. Tikki says, "ohh. Leave her alone for now. In the morning, she will come to you. She does this. She likes to be alone for a while. She doesn't even want to talk to anyone. Wait here. I'll come back soon."

Chloe waits, knowing Tikki will do what is good for Marinette. Half an hour later, Tikki comes back and says, "She is sleeping now. We kwamis hugged her to sleep. Chloe you should also sleep now. Don't worry, I will take care of Marinette."

Chloe nods and lays down on her bed. Soon sleep takes over her.

In the morning,

Chloe wakes up early at 8 am. She gets ready and makes a call. She comes out of her room to see the locked door of Mari's room. She calls Tikki and tells her to wake up Marinette and open the door. Tikki after opening the door, both Tikki and Chloe wakes up Marinette. Marinette slowly wakes up smiling before remembering the events of last night. She starts panicking. Chloe hugged her and said, "She won't be able to even touch you this time. I have given Jagged the green signal, she will be drowning with Lawsuits at the end of this trip. He is also coming to see you. Everyone cares for you, Marinette Stone. You are famous. You are independent. You are the face of Fashion Industry, M. S. You just have to believe in yourself. You are the Guardian of the Miraculous. You are the super heroine Ladybug. Have faith in yourself, the way we have in you."

Marinette slowly starts smiling and says, "Thanks Chlo. I really needed it." Tikki also hugs her. Marinette let's go of both of them and removes the little tears that had gathered in her eyes. Chloe then says, "Can you be free in the night? Help Robin early? Jagged, Luka and Kagami are coming by 7."

Marinette nods and says, "I will ask Batman. If possible I'll try and go at 4 or 5."

Chloe says, "While you are there, why don't you ask Bruce Wayne for his help to sue the liar?"

"I can't ask him that, he doesn't even know my identity. Wait! You know the batfam is the Wayne's?"

"Duh. Did you forgot I too can see souls? When Tim came at night as red Robin and next day as I see him as Tim, I can match souls too, you know. Ridiculous, utterly Ridiculous. How could you forget that?"

"Technically, I didn't forget you can see souls. I forgot Red Robin had come home. I didn't take you to the Batcave because I thought you would recognize them."

"Okay, you should reveal your identity to the batfam. They won't cause any harm. You know it."

"Okay, I will think about it. Now let's have breakfast. I'm hungry girl."

"But first call the bats."

"I just said I will think about it and now you're ordering me to tell him?"

"No. I'm telling you to call him to know if you can come at 5 today."

"Okay yeah. I'm calling him."

After the phone call, Marinette says, "He's fine with it."

"Good. Now we can eat."

The Butler soon brought their Breakfast at the table. They are their breakfast, got ready and left to work at the cafe.

At the cafe,

Marinette is making coffee when Tim comes in. Without looking back, she says, "Hey Tim. How are you?"

"How do you do that? I didn't make a sound. Do you have eyes behind ur head too?"

"No. You stink so I can tell it's you." Marinette playfully answers while sticking out her tongue.

Tim says in mock anger, "I don't stink. I'll tell you that."

"Fine. What do you want today? Large cup with extra coffee or a large cup with Extra coffee?"

"Glad to know that you know me well."

"I have to. It's not easy becoming a manager of a cafe."

Tim was about to give a comeback when Marinette passes him his coffee and says, "Wait here. I'm coming back in just a minute."

"Okay"

Marinette goes to the back and sees Chloe talking with Selena about fashion. She calls Chloe to her. Chloe pauses her conversation with Selena and goes to Marinette.

"What's up, Marinette?"

"Nothing much. I just have decided that----"

_______________

Cliffhanger

I am posting 3 chapters this week cause next week I'm busy with my personal work. So I don't know if I can post or not. The next part is coming on Friday!