5-Consent

Hiraeth
Finally, lunch is here so we get up, I say bye to Arcane and find Mia and Kai outside the class, they both go to their lockers whereas I go to mine, the corridors are empty by now since everyone is in the cafeteria, I put my books inside and feel a hand gripping my waist.

I snap my head around to see who it is, and it's Dave. This asshole always tries to touch me, I don't like it and I've told him that.

"Get your hand off me before I break it" I snarl at him.

I hear him chuckle, it makes my blood boil, "You? break my hand? as if," he says as he shoves me into the now-closed locker, my hand against the lockers, his chest to my back.

Youtube did NOT prepare me for this

"Get off me you perv" I scream at my loudest, he twirls me around, now facing me, he grabs my chin with one hand while his other is grabbing my waist, quite roughly

I feel like puking, I want to cry.

"Don't fucking scream" he says as his grips tighten on my waist and chin my tears are threatening to leak when I hear footsteps,

"You know I love you, but you won't even give me a chance, you snobby bitch" He continues

I hope they're my friends

I try to kick him in his groin, but he grabs my leg between his knees, my hands are on his chest trying to push him

"Fuck off Dave" I yell again, his grip tightens for a second before the weight of his body disappears.

I open my eyes to find him on the floor with Arcane on top of him, I shiver as I see Arcane land punches back to back on Dave's face, I want to stop him but I don't because Dave deserves this, I fall to my knees, the adrenaline now disappearing, still shivering.

I should report him, I really should but I don't want my mom to get worried, she already works too hard, and the fact that Dave comes from an influential family doesn't help either.

Arcane's eyes switches from Dave's face to mine, he gets up and kicks Dave once, before moving towards me, we hear another set of footsteps coming our way, this time its James, his friend.

Where are my friends when I need them

I continue to shake as Arcane moves his gaze to James and nods towards Dave, he immediately understands and moves towards him, grabbing him by his collar and pulling him to a different corridor, I shift my gaze to Arcane only to find him looking at me already.

He comes and sits in front of me, he moves his hand towards my head and I flinch, I look at his face and see him clench his jaw,

"sorry" I mutter lightly, he looks at me

"What are you sorry for," he asks roughly,

"That you had to see that, I tried to stop him,I swear" I mutter in a small voice as tears start flowing down my face.

Why am I apologising to a stranger ?

"You have nothing to be sorry about, it's clearly his fault that he touched a person without consent, regardless of who it is, consent is very important" I nod and sniffle.

I slowly get up from the floor and he gets up with me,
"Thanks for helping me," I say slowly,

"Nothing to be thanked for," he says as my eyes find him, he looks so cold and dead, I nod my head and lean on the locker behind me and I sigh, I stand up straight, give him a small smile.

"If something like that happens again, tell me, okay?" He says

"I will" I nod

I won't