The recovery process

Sherlock
I don't want to just wait around for the next 6 months, but I don't have a choice. This also means I can't keep tabs on my brother and Lestade's relationship.

"John I want to go home. This place smells horrible. I can hardly stand the smell of it as it lingers around you when you come home. But this, this place is worse than that."

John sighs and hands me Rosie before he leaves the room. I look down at her to see her smiling up at me and curling up with my coat.

She's given it up at times, but whenever she's had to leave the room we have to give my coat to her. If not, then she cries the whole time.

"Rosie are you tired?" She little head starts to drop a bit as she babbles out a response. I adjust my hold on her and she snuggles up to me.

The small actions like this make my overly serious nature stop for a moment. I make everything I do, about protecting her and John. Especially after failing to protect Mary.

Though in all fairness, she did jump between me and the gun. I still failed to keep her safe though and for that, John hates me.

Rosie is the only reason I think he's even still at the flat. If they left I would probably go back to drugs again. It wouldn't be the first time.

John walks back in and he looks nervous. I may be stuck in a hospital bed, but I can still make deductions about people.

Avoiding eye contact
Furrowed brow
Cautious steps
Playing with the hems of his shirt
Mumbling
Deeper breathes

"John are you alright? You're nervous and seem like you want to tell me something." He stops and looks at me with a bit of guilt.

Was I not supposed to notice? I mean it's what I do for a job, and I've been living with him long enough to pick up on some of his tells.

"It's nothing." He says and continues to avoid eye contact. "John if it was nothing you wouldn't be so nervous."

"It's how you would react to what I want to say. I don't think I could handle your reaction." He says and I become even more confused.

Rosie moves around in my arms and grips my shirt a bit. "John if you want to leave Baker Street, just say it now. It's not like I can do anything to stop you."

His posture changes and he looks at me confused. "Sherlock I don't plan on leaving Baker Street. What I want to say will make you want us to leave Baker Street." He says.

"John I would rather die, instead of make you want to leave Baker Street. Plus Rosie seems to have formed a bond with me." John goes to say something but he stops.

"Why? I hurt you when I first saw you, after you were gone for two years." John says and I nod.

"That you did. But outside of Mycroft and our parents, Mrs. Hudson, Lestrade, and now you an Rosie. You're the only family I have. Not only that John but you're the only friend I've ever had since I was a young lad. I also made a vow to protect you and your family. I failed you once but I don't intend on failing you again."

John
"Sherlock what Mary did wasn't your fault. Yes I blamed you but I forgave you a long time ago. I'm glad that you see us as your family and I can say the same about you. I just want you to stop throwing yourself into danger for us. Because I care for you as well."

Rosie wakes up and babbles a bit before reaching out to me. I grab her from Sherlock and she babbles a bit. "You can go home in three weeks."

With Mycroft and Greg