John realizes the truth

John 

I sit down with Rosie on the floor as she plays with her toys. Sherlock is quiet as he does an experiment in the kitchen like usual. I don't understand the reason why he choses to do this in the flat is beyond me. 

"Sherlock are you done with that experiment of yours yet? I would like to go talk with Greg sometime today and I need you to watch Rosie." He looks over at me and then back to his experiment. 

"I'll be done in a minute. You can go when you need to though and I can stop if this conversation with Lestrade is important." He says and I stand up and sigh. 

"Are you feeling alright, you never offer to stop if I need you to."

"I'm fine John. I...." He cuts himself off and I stand there confused as he starts to write down the conclusion to his experiment. He walks into the living room after he cleans everything up and washes his hands. 

I grab my coat and walk out of the flat to catch a cab. One stops and I get in. "New Scotland Yard." The cabbie drives off and we get there soon. 

I get out and pay him before walking in and going to Greg's office. I knock on the door and he opens. "John how are you mate?" He asks as he steps aside and I walk into his office. 

"I'm fine Greg. I was wondering about what you said in your text last night." He goes to sit back and his chair and looks at me. 

"What do you mean?" He asks and I roll my eyes. 

"Greg you know exactly what I mean. You know something that I don't and I want to know what it is."

"You really don't know?" He says and I shake my head. With a sigh he gets up and grabs his coat. "Come on. Myc has a filmed recording of your wedding." He says. 

I stand up and we walk out of his office. Sally and Anderson are looking at both of us with confused looks on their faces. "Get to work both of you or I'll have you working overtime without pay." Greg says and they both go back to work. 

We get out to his car and get in as he drives to Mycroft's manor. "What why does he have a recording of my wedding?" 

"You forget that he has access to all the cameras and can easily place any if he needs to. Trust me there are even some in my flat." Greg says.

"That doesn't explain the recording."Greg laughs a bit and smiles. 

"It will when you see it." He says. The rest of the ride there is quiet other than the soft tune of the radio playing. 

When we pull up to the manor I see Mycroft outside seemingly just coming back from a walk. I step out as Greg shuts off his car and Mycroft looks at me. 

"Good to see you John. Have you come for another one of our lunch meetings?" Mycroft asks and I shake my head as Greg walks over to him. 

"No I was told you have a recording of my wedding and there is something that I should have noticed that day but didn't." He nods and we all walk inside. 

When we get there Greg and I leave our coats on the coat rack and Mycroft puts his umbrella with the rest of them. He leads us to a room with a bunch of tapes and a telly in it. After a moment of searching Mycroft finds the right one and puts it into a VHS. 

We all sit down and I notice just how close Greg and Mycroft are but choose to ignore it as the recording of my wedding is played. 

When we his Sherlock's best man speech I laugh a bit at how award it sounds and I notice Greg and Mycroft both motion for me to shut up and pay attention. I do and listen carefully.