A memory

Mycroft
"Myc get the hell out of your office." Gregory says from outside my locked office door.

"I will in a moment." I hear him sigh and a second later he walks into my office and stands in front of my desk.

"Out of your office. You've been giving me the same response for two hours." He says.

"I will come out when I'm finished. I have to have this all done by the end of the week."

"Am I doing something wrong and you just don't want to tell me? If you want me gone just say it." Gregory says and I look up at him.

"It's only Monday and you're just cramming it all in today. You have time to get things done and this isn't healthy." He continues.

"Gregory I'm not trying to make you feel as if your presence is unwanted. I just want to get this out of the way so I can spend more time with you later in the week."

I finish signing off on the last sets of paper and set my pen down. "I made dinner if you want it now." He says as I stand up.

"Then let's eat." I hold my hand out to him and he takes it. We walk out of my office and into the dining room.

After dinner

"You can stay here tonight. It's late anyway." Gregory smile at me as he grabs his coat.

"It's not that late. I'll be fine Myc." He says and stands in front of the door. "If it helps I'll text you when I get home." He says and I nod.

"You don't have to do that but the reassurance is nice." We stand there a moment before he turns to leave.

He turns back around to face me and kisses me. He pulls away and leaves as I continue to stand there in the front entrance.

I lock my door and walk to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. When it's done I go to the living room and read the newspaper for a while.

Gregory
I'm home
Get some sleep

Goodnight Gregory

I put my phone back in my pocket and continue to read the paper for ten minutes before heading to my room for the night.

I take care of ones basic necessities before getting into bed for the night. As I lay my head upon my pillow a memory from the past pops into my mind.

I close my eyes and let sleep take over as the memory plays out.

*memory*

"Mikey can we do something? I'm bored." Sherlock says from his spot in the library.

"Sherl I have things to do at the moment. We can do something when I'm done." I barely see him nod his head before continuing to read his book.

An hour later and I've finally finished. Sherlock didn't move from his spot the entire time and when I stand up he looks at me.

"Let's go for a walk. It's a nice day out and you're too pale." Sherlock gets up and sets his book down.

"Yay. It's been quiet boring today." He says and we walk out of the library. Father is out at work and mummy is sitting in the kitchen.

"Alexander, William where are you going?" She asks and I feel Sherlock's grip on my hand tighten.

"We're going out for a walk." She nods in our direction and I grab my umbrella before we go outside.