Part 2

"Make sure to follow what they say and not cause any trouble there." "Always wear a smile on your face and treat everyone with respect, especially the crown prince" Mother kept drilling all these things into my head since the crack of dawn and I know I was forming a headache.

"You better not skip your meals, it's an order" I whipped my head around with a warm smile. Finally, someone said something that made me feel happy . I looked up to see my big brother standing on the sideline next to father pretending not to care about me leaving.

"Atleast come home once or twice a month brother. It's sad to see you coming home just to see me off" With a pout I got into the planquinn and bid all of them goodbye.

It was a smooth ride and I took a quick nap to shake off the headache I was feeling. I woke up once I heard a thud from outside. The gates to the palace had opened and I slowly got off and stretched my slightly numb legs.

I tried to keep my gaze down but the curiosity in me overtook that and I silently looked at my surroundings. Yeah, no one should doubt the wealth of the royal family

The scenery was amazing and the buildings were like an artwork, to say the least. I quietly reminded myself to close my mouth before flies went in. I am a noble but them..they are on a whole another level.

I composed myself as a lady wearing a green dress came over to my side with a few ladies behind her.

"Lady Han Goeun, I am to be escorting you to your chambers and help you with your stay here in the palace. I am Court Lady Choi, the one in charge of running the crown princess selection."

I quickly bowed down to show my respect. "ah- yes. I hope you take good care of me Court lady Choi."

As I walked behind her, I took note of the directions she was taking and all the places she was introducing me to. A mini tour around the palace. I doubt I will remember any of that but I tried hard to follow along with her.

"This is where you'll be staying. If you need any help whatsoever, we left 2 maids to be helping every lady here." "we will all be meeting for breakfast tomorrow once all the ladies arrive." She looked over my shoulder and I turned around to see what she was looking at.

I got a jumpscare seeing 2 girls behind me bowing their heads down. I didn't even realize how stealthy they can be. When did they arrive?

"Thank you for such a generous welcome, I hope we all get along well" With that being said, I went inside my now new room and got changed into a more comfortable gown before heading out for dinner again.

The sun was slowly setting, casting an orangish pink look all over the palace buildings. Once my maids opened the door to the dining area, the noises inside quieted down and the ladies' attention were now on me.

I hate being the center of attention so I quickly went over to an empty spot next to the lady with beautiful brown hair. She looked over at me before giving me a big smile, showing her dimples. I envy those with dimples, it makes a person look a lot more charming.

"Greetings, I am Lee Hyerin. You seem to be around my age, are you also here for the selection?" she waited for my answer expectedly with her brown doe eyes.

"Nice to meet you Lady Hyerin, I am Han Goeun. I just arrived here today." I examined the girl infront of me and my, she was really a beauty. Her face was small and her hair was in a half up half down style. She gave off a warm aura with her outgoing personality.

"Let's not be so formal with one another. I do need another friend and I think me and you could get along really well." I nodded at her and was relieved on how smoothly she could come up with things to say to keep the conversation going.